Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3 And Digital Sprite 2

was wondering if anyone could help with regard to using a galaxy panel to start the recording of cameras on a digital sprite 2, do i need seperate relays or can i use the outputs off the panel to the alarm inputs on the sprite any help would be appreciated.

I assume the galaxy outputs are negative applied. If so connect the negative from the galaxy to one side of the DS2 inputs(Common) and then your galaxy outputs to the other side of the DS2 inputs, program them as Normally Open.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Why? The topic doesn't seem to offend any of the rules I'm aware of?

No, I think James was just reminding members it was in the public area before it went into too much detail.

I assume the galaxy outputs are negative applied. If so connect the negative from the galaxy to one side of the DS2 inputs(Common) and then your galaxy outputs to the other side of the DS2 inputs, program them as Normally Open.

I would also fit 1k resistors in line with the inputs on the DS2, just in case.

was wondering if anyone could help with regard to using a galaxy panel to start the recording of cameras on a digital sprite 2, do i need seperate relays or can i use the outputs off the panel to the alarm inputs on the sprite any help would be appreciated.

I would urge caution if using the PSU of one device to drive the inputs of another.....ground loops....if they are opto isolated it would be ok but do you know???

Relays are a safe bet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived