Security Installer Community

Problems After Power Outage

Guest puttereng

Guest puttereng

Just found this forum, hope you can help.

I have a Scantronic AV-8000 with Digi-key_IVF keypad that has worked flawlessly for 15 years until this week. We were without electricity for 5 days and when power was restored, one keypad (2 in system) would not work (could not de-activate the system, still lights up and beeps). The backup battery lasted only about 12 hours. I thought I would just have to re-program in my code. I do have the installation manuals on the system and keypad as well as the user manual.

I didn't have the installer access code so tried the default with no success. I then tried to program a new installer code per the manual No defaulting information in the public forums please! anything because when I tried to make 123 as the access code on the working keypad (manual says you need to reset access codes on all keypads), the 123 (enter) would set the alarm thinking I wanted to deactivate zone 2 & 3 (1 was my abbreviated code for setting).

So I have 1 working keypad that still recognizes my old code and another that doesn't. Since 1 keypad still works with the system, the system panel must be OK but the fact that moving the jumper doesn't allow me to program a new installer code must mean the system is not behaving normally too.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

What I always like is the phrase 'it's worked perfectly for x years'. Now I'm not saying it hasn't, but exactly how have you determined this? Has it been serviced, tested, armed and triggered on regular occasions or by 'works flawlessly' do you mean it has never gone off?

Guest puttereng
What I always like is the phrase 'it's worked perfectly for x years'. Now I'm not saying it hasn't, but exactly how have you determined this? Has it been serviced, tested, armed and triggered on regular occasions or by 'works flawlessly' do you mean it has never gone off?

Hmmm, in a nut shell, it HAS gone off when it should and I don't get false alarms. I turn it off and on everyday for 15 years. I don't have to bore you with the details. I don't get this comment though, are you jealous?

I don't get this comment though, are you jealous?

I strongly doubt he is - but the questions are valid ... for a 15 year-old system that obviously has no maintenance contract in force (otherwise you wouldn't need to be asking here!).

Archived