Security Installer Community

Menvier 800 Panel

john1237

If your really stuck ring my company after Xmas, will have time to go thru this and sort something out for you.

Not able to do anything sooner I am afraid.

cheers

If your really stuck ring my company after Xmas, will have time to go thru this and sort something out for you.

Not able to do anything sooner I am afraid.

cheers

Ooops forgot to add, if you do join us, you will get a 4 hour response.

cheers

I have been told that my system is a one trigger system..from my understanding that means even if only one sensor goes off after 120 seconds the police are called automatically, I don't think it is a confirmed signal system. My company says that because it is a take over they can do it like that if it was new they would have to do a confirmed signal, is this the case?

Ok so lets see if I have got this straight:

The alarm company have to specify the following within the system:

the abort period time: they (the alarm company) would have to give this a value correct? YES/NO

so lets say they give it a value of 30 seconds

the time period after which the police are called would also be specified by the alarm company correct? YES/ NO

so lets say they give this a value of 120 seconds

Alarm goes off at night I turn it off in 20 seconds, I get no call, keypad locks out and I call the ARC to get my code and then reset the system. correct? YES/NO

Alarm goes off at night I turn it off after 50 seconds, I will get a call and at the same time I can get my unlock code, correct? YES/NO

Alarm goes off I turn it off after 150 seconds- what happens??????

Alarm goes off and I'm not home so it doesn't get turned off keeps ringing well after 120 seconds- what happens?????

Your obviously in a predicament with your existing company. Also your in touch with some facts but not all.

Best advise is to call your "service company" and clarify issues before a decision is made.

cheers

I think it is a shame that people can't stay on direct topic, and that contributers to the topic don't read carefully. The only issues that the John should have at this moment with his company are: 1) is that they don't appear to know their panel too well in as much as they didn't realise that the modem function was turned on - which has the same symptoms on every system. That is strange; 2) They should be an internal speaker and it doesn't sound like there is.....

The fact that the system is not finished yet (on schedule) and the fact that they didn't have a filter with them is not the end of the world. Regarding the remote reset, as unconfirmed activations will result in police attendance (if not aborted in time) then anti-code or engineer reset is correct.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

It's true that the thread contains a lot of "garbage" but the forum software did not allow a "split" to be made, so it couldn't be moved to a thread of its own. Additionally IMO the OP got good information, adjusted as he provided additional information on the matter - however I personally feel that the situation of no phone or no peace and quiet is an unacceptable situation for an installer to leave for 24 hours+.

Without a doubt if the modem was causing problems it should have been rectified straight away. Maybe they pretended they didn't know what the fault was so that they didn't have to come out on the weekend - who knows.

My point is that the original post clearly stated certain things, which, in typical forum fashion do not get read, acknowledge or perhaps understood :unsure:, and people go off condemning other installers which is often unnecessary IMO.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

HELP!! They tried switching off the download function, the problem still happens anybody calling my land line after two rings they get a fax machine noise.

What else can they try?

Could it be down to the fact that they haven't fitted the filter from Menvier (as it is on order) although I can't see why that would happen simply because of the filter, as the difference is surely that the bt one can be unplugged and the hard wire can't.

So any ideas?

Archived