Security Installer Community

Menvier 800 Panel

john1237

he showed me the options on the keypad menu and all the options looked correctly marked and the communication option is set to off, so could it be a faulty panel? I think it was as somebody said before option 2-5 3-1, so they have set it correctly using the keypad in the house.

i doubt its faulty as it woulnt work at all. Unfortuntly i only know galaxy and castle control equipment as that is all we support. You need one of the guys thats support menvier to answer your question. Im glad your campnay showed you and asked your advise lol thats is superb!! How many of these panels have they used

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think it is the main one they use, as I could see them getting stuck I let on I had done some research and suggested what has been suggested here. But they said that's exactly what they'd done, at which I looked at them bit suspiciously so they showed me to prove the point.

They are onto Menvier but not getting very far, just thought if somebody else had come across the problem might be able to help Menvier don't seem to be much help.

They now think it could be due to a software upgrade, again strange! Either way we are all stuck!

RJBSEC, MATE YOU ARE A GENIUS, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

The answer machine defeat idea worked a treat, it's such a massive headache/weight off my shoulders, knowing that when I'm on holiday from tomorrow the bloody thing is keeping my Mum safe.

Guy was just about to go home all defeated when I read your post and told him to try it and it seems to have done the trick.

Are there any draw backs to doing this, I might as well ask you as I doubt the company know.

Honestly thanks again and to everyone else who tried to help.

We couldn't get the option to set number of "ring tones" but there was an option to set number of seconds under "ring answer" we (I told him) went for the"never" option.

I feel I should charge them and send you the cheque!

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well thought it was to good to be true.

New problem:

As mentioned before we have two keypads to allow for operation from bedroom on first floor and near the front door downstairs.

When we do a part set (downstairs only at night) no problem as long as we turn it off in the morning FROM the bedroom.

If we go down the alarm goes off because the hall detector downstairs sets the alarm off.

Alarm guy and us want to change it so that if we do the part set at night then we should be able to turn it off both from upstairs and downstairs, for example if somebody goes down without turning the alarm off from the bedroom then they should be given 30 secs to turn the alarm off downstairs.

So alarm guy changed the settings that allows us to do this, but problem.

When we do the full set (whole house) the alarm sets without any problems but if the hall sensor is activated without the front door being opened (door also has a sensor) then the alarm should activate, it doesn't instead it gives you the 30 second delay time to turn the alarm off. Why? This would mean that under a full set if somebody tried to break in but decided to smash a side panel or window next to the door then the alarm would not activate but give them 30 seconds.

And when we can get it to work where the hall sensor sets the alarm off (under a full set) if the door has not been opened then we can't seem to be able to turn the part set off from downstairs without the alarm going off

i think he is changing the zone type not the attribute dont menviers use an 'access' attribute for part set (not my panel mind, never worked on one)

Not sure if this has been covered but how much confidence you got in the 'alarm guy' is he a mate or something

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i think he is changing the zone type not the attribute dont menviers use an 'access' attribute for part set (not my panel mind, never worked on one)

same as the old ones needs both access & part sticking on (I just looked it up :gimme: )

Not sure if this has been covered but how much confidence you got in the 'alarm guy' is he a mate or something

guy trades as S. Hit alarms?

Oh well thought it was to good to be true.

New problem:

As mentioned before we have two keypads to allow for operation from bedroom on first floor and near the front door downstairs.

When we do a part set (downstairs only at night) no problem as long as we turn it off in the morning FROM the bedroom.

If we go down the alarm goes off because the hall detector downstairs sets the alarm off.

Alarm guy and us want to change it so that if we do the part set at night then we should be able to turn it off both from upstairs and downstairs, for example if somebody goes down without turning the alarm off from the bedroom then they should be given 30 secs to turn the alarm off downstairs.

So alarm guy changed the settings that allows us to do this, but problem.

When we do the full set (whole house) the alarm sets without any problems but if the hall sensor is activated without the front door being opened (door also has a sensor) then the alarm should activate, it doesn't instead it gives you the 30 second delay time to turn the alarm off. Why? This would mean that under a full set if somebody tried to break in but decided to smash a side panel or window next to the door then the alarm would not activate but give them 30 seconds.

And when we can get it to work where the hall sensor sets the alarm off (under a full set) if the door has not been opened then we can't seem to be able to turn the part set off from downstairs without the alarm going off

Try putting the zone attributes on entry and access, this will enable part set timers and full set alarms.

cheers

Archived