Security Installer Community

Credit Check

mjw

rubbish alan...if some one has a money problem it does NOT mean he will steal,if anything it makes he/she work harder to solve the problem..i know people who have nothin and id trust them with my life,i also know people who have everything who i wouldnt give the time of day too.regards stealing who hasnt NICKED a work pen/paper/pir...big deal,it wont have the met chasing you will it.remember the real crimes are commited by the corparate suits high up who lets face it have more money than we will ever earn..

Hi stewymac

i did not say automatically an honest person would turn to stealing or corporate theft to cover his debts, but it has happened. redundancy or lack of sales in the firm you work for or own means there are less avenue's to work harder, especially in times of depression, and this is when the crime rate goe's up fastest - it's a simple fact!

why? because to feed, cloth and home your family costs money, and when the pressure is on the temptation can be to steal or watch your family disentigrate, stealing comes in many forms not just nicking the cash float or a dozen pir's but also claiming dole when employed and so on. it's a fact that has kept me and many in our industry gainfully self employed through the last 28 years, our industry is a little fortunate in this, as it increases the demand for intruder systems. some of my school mates who went the endentured apprentaship/gold watch route ended up on the dole, i went the 'ruddeless' (my dads phrase because i would not sign up for an apprentaship) i.e. trainee route and never looked back, so perhaps i was just lucky.

this latest 'acid test' i also think to be foolish to use as a yardstick of charecter, what i was attempting to do was play devils advocate, and i too know 'respectable' millionaires who i would not trust with my long dead goldfish's empty food canister.

if you also throw in my experience of credit rating with the Experiam Quango -:

1) having lost his job and his flat my sons poor credit rating was attached to my own thus far faultless credit rating by Experium after he moved in with us. i knew nothing of this until i applied for a new bank account and got refused for a por rating. i had to get a personal rating then send a letter to say i was not responsible for my sons debts, he was 26 at the time so how the hell could i be?

effectivelly they were saying as he had defaulted i was also likely to do the same, yet i am 57, have never missed a motgage or HP payment in my life and have no CCJ's against me either. if this scheme was in place at that time, i could have lost a lucrative position applied for due to the delay in clearing my name.

2) i had paid a bill in full by switch (after Telewest cancelled the DD imediatelly when i cancelled a broadband service) but did not 'tick it off' as paid. so Telewest mistakenly passed my account to a recovery agency, who in turn used Experium for information regarding my current where abouts. Experium gave the recovery agents my sons new address as though i had moved there, and in turn issued a summons for recovery in the county court.

i was not too impressed and they now know this now (and by God they do :rolleyes: ), but it serves the point that such quango's can get it wrong without seemingly any redress and blithely damming what is actually a person of good charecter.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi stewymac

i did not say automatically an honest person would turn to stealing or corporate theft to cover his debts, but it has happened. redundancy or lack of sales in the firm you work for or own means there are less avenue's to work harder, especially in times of depression, and this is when the crime rate goe's up fastest - it's a simple fact!

why? because to feed, cloth and home your family costs money, and when the pressure is on the temptation can be to steal or watch your family disentigrate, stealing comes in many forms not just nicking the cash float or a dozen pir's but also claiming dole when employed and so on. it's a fact that has kept me and many in our industry gainfully self employed through the last 28 years, our industry is a little fortunate in this, as it increases the demand for intruder systems. some of my school mates who went the endentured apprentaship/gold watch route ended up on the dole, i went the 'ruddeless' (my dads phrase because i would not sign up for an apprentaship) i.e. trainee route and never looked back, so perhaps i was just lucky.

this latest 'acid test' i also think to be foolish to use as a yardstick of charecter, what i was attempting to do was play devils advocate, and i too know 'respectable' millionaires who i would not trust with my long dead goldfish's empty food canister.

if you also throw in my experience of credit rating with the Experiam Quango -:

1) having lost his job and his flat my sons poor credit rating was attached to my own thus far faultless credit rating by Experium after he moved in with us. i knew nothing of this until i applied for a new bank account and got refused for a por rating. i had to get a personal rating then send a letter to say i was not responsible for my sons debts, he was 26 at the time so how the hell could i be?

effectivelly they were saying as he had defaulted i was also likely to do the same, yet i am 57, have never missed a motgage or HP payment in my life and have no CCJ's against me either. if this scheme was in place at that time, i could have lost a lucrative position applied for due to the delay in clearing my name.

2) i had paid a bill in full by switch (after Telewest cancelled the DD imediatelly when i cancelled a broadband service) but did not 'tick it off' as paid. so Telewest mistakenly passed my account to a recovery agency, who in turn used Experium for information regarding my current where abouts. Experium gave the recovery agents my sons new address as though i had moved there, and in turn issued a summons for recovery in the county court.

i was not too impressed and they now know this now (and by God they do :rolleyes: ), but it serves the point that such quango's can get it wrong without seemingly any redress and blithely damming what is actually a person of good charecter.

regs

alan

I had an experience recently.

Went to change my bank account to another Bank. Did the credit check and it threw up a CCJ. I did the usual "but I don't have any CCJ's". Anyway I wrote to Experian and tracked down the reason.

I had traded in a Hayabusa motorbike for a new one prior to moving house, however little known to me when registering it as sold I have to reply to a confirmation from the DVLA, of course I'd moved house and the didn't get the letter. Now the dealer should have registered the bike as in their posession but didn't and by law don't have to.

So the DVLA CCJ'd me, therefore in January's remit I would have been out of the Industry on my ass. It cost me nearly

The older I get, the faster I was.

Went to change my bank account to another Bank. Did the credit check and it threw up a CCJ. I did the usual "but I don't have any CCJ's". Anyway I wrote to Experian and tracked down the reason.

I had traded in a Hayabusa motorbike for a new one prior to moving house, however little known to me when registering it as sold I have to reply to a confirmation from the DVLA, of course I'd moved house and the didn't get the letter. Now the dealer should have registered the bike as in their posession but didn't and by law don't have to.

So the DVLA CCJ'd me, therefore in January's remit I would have been out of the Industry on my ass. It cost me nearly

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I had traded in a Hayabusa motorbike for a new one prior to moving house, h

I wonder how the screening would deal with that??

Teach ya to buy a busa!

cheers

Archived