Security Installer Community

Credit Check

mjw

id refuse any employer doing a credit check on me..my money matters are private,

You would have to give your consent eg just like buying a telly on credit

tho if i had a criminal record(i havent by the way) id expect that to be available to who ever

You would have to give your consent eg Security Screened by your employer (we all have been if you work at proper firm)

but they would never get it

You would have to give your consent eg Security Screened by your employer (we all have been if you work at proper firm)

ive no problem with that as i work for a national..

Your right there is no way of refusing..once you have signed on the dotted line declaring all facts stated are true and you give a propective employer pemission to security screen you thats it...a credit check will be part of the screening process

Your right there is no way of refusing..once you have signed on the dotted line declaring all facts stated are true and you give a propective employer pemission to security screen you thats it...a credit check will be part of the screening process

no you dont re the credit check...invaision of privacy,id get the union involved if they tried.. :bruce_h4h:

i would like to ask are we alone with this, ie do coppers have the same screening, as i know coppers who are skint.

I always felt that the current system of any record for theft deception etc was enough to have you removed, just cos you forgot to pay a few bills shouldnt preclude you from our industry.

I would also expect this regulation to remove all companies with ccj's too. We havnt got any but a hell of a lot of companies have.

just cos you forgot to pay ot couldnt pay your credit card for 3 months shouldnt affect your position in the trade

absolutly f&@@~~g barmy if you ask me

ps when we end up with us having to be licenced, this will be monitored by a third party (ie sia), try all you like to get the union to effect them!!!

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Whilst on the subject. In my years in the industry I have never been offered a bribe and I have never heard of anyone else who has.

Anyone here been offered one?

Minus the cup of tea and choccy biscuit etc.

The older I get, the faster I was.

True, never been offered a bribe.

Must depend on who your friends are I suppose!

As for taking it..........what's the point a life in jail aint worth sod all, rather earn a wage and have fun with my children.

cheers

when you say bribe,i dont think jail is involved..its more likley the odd bottle of wine or 20 quid to not charge is common...and those who havnt taken it is a liar....i havnt of course but i know it goes on..

Twenty yrs ago or about that i was offered 20 quid to open a door to a flat that the tenant was locked out off. The council had deemed him not worthy of our services for free.........However i was on that same estate doing another lockout at the same time so i took the 20 quid and went home happy. 20 quid in bin and another 60 for the call out.

some weeks later same said muppet got locked out and walked to shop, spoke to then boss and asked to be let in, boss said 45 + vat for day time call out, muppet pointed at me and told all about previous incident.,

So yes have been down that road.

The bribe bit i assumed you meant for bigger stuff

As for not charging, If i go out the door the docket is in hand, paperwork saves you in this game.

cheers

Archived