Security Installer Community

What To Do...

Guest Rocky

LOL stay at you current job and make a living.

I had 20 years as a service and installation engineer with 1000's of contacts and still found it very hard to get a company up off the gound and making money.

Yes we are doing ok and we all get paid and make a living but its very hard work.

But there's my point.

The pay is so poor, sureley I can match that working for myself.

The hours are already long and the work is already hard.

If I'm going to work this hard I may as well work for myself.

Employers don't pay well, companies are creaming off too much for themselves and not pssing on enough to the poor bloke stuck up the ladder in the rain or crawling thru a loft getting covered in god foresaken fibreglass.

1,2k for insurance and lots lots more

Eg 2 x lap top, sat nav, docket books invoice books, contract books and all the other paper wotk cost almost a grand. thats 15 books of each.

Must i go on?

To install, buy, manage, service, administer, sell and lot's of other things.... and to do it successfully is so very difficult.

The history of our industry is littered with thousands of guys who thought they could make it ... and then found out that they couldn't.

Good engineers have ended up with their marriage in tatters and disrupted their career on a whim of running their own business. It is great if you get it right, but a disaster if you don't.

If you really think you can, you need to write a business plan with detailed financial parameters. Do that and then get someone with sound busines knowledge to scrutinise it. Then get the views of your wife and your bank manager.

Agreed

Dont get me wrong i love what i do and even better when i get a 10k order come in. I am buzzing my t*ts off as i have sold it and installed it and it all works and i just got 10K for the order but the amount of work that go's into it is unreal.

Trust me you will end up working well over 90 hours a week and if you are very good at selling and installing and get lots of good quality work you may make 40k a year

But you could make that at a national if you are good and go hame at 17:00 and forget about work.

Not looking to make

lol id do your sums mate

No comprendo!!!

What sums?

Accountant and insurance aside; a cheap car, bit of sign writing, ladders, steps, SDS drill, printed paperwork and we're sorted.

Who ever got back at 17:00 working for a company?
B) :whistle:
No comprendo!!!

What sums?

Accountant and insurance aside; a cheap car, bit of sign writing, ladders, steps, SDS drill, printed paperwork and we're sorted.

lol

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1,2k for insurance and lots lots more

Eg 2 x lap top, sat nav, docket books invoice books, contract books and all the other paper wotk cost almost a grand. thats 15 books of each.

Must i go on?

I don't perceive a need for lap tops or sat nav.

Call me basic, but I reckon I can get by with a pen, a notepad and a map.

I must have saved the best part of

Come on guys...

There are so many sites out there, domestics and commercial that have next to no faith in there existing alarm systems.

Over selling by the big boys is often a major gripe.

Ridiculous maintenance schedules that add no reliability to the system's performance.

Complicated systems that put the fear of God into users.

Poor installs that create their own money making (for the install company) problems.

High mark ups and costings for what is in many cases relatively cheap products.

The never ending battery sting that some nationals operate.

Alarm engineers who perceive a replacement/upgrade as the only solution to rectifying a fault.

There must be room for improvement and that's where I hope to make my mark.

Come on guys...

There are so many sites out there, domestics and commercial that have next to no faith in there existing alarm systems.

Over selling by the big boys is often a major gripe.

Ridiculous maintenance schedules that add no reliability to the system's performance.

Complicated systems that put the fear of God into users.

Poor installs that create their own money making (for the install company) problems.

High mark ups and costings for what is in many cases relatively cheap products.

The never ending battery sting that some nationals operate.

Alarm engineers who perceive a replacement/upgrade as the only solution to rectifying a fault.

There must be room for improvement and that's where I hope to make my mark.

good luck, id be interested to hear how you get on, but it really isnt that simple

good luck

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived