Security Installer Community

Is This Correct?

Guest Big_Col

Guest Big_Col

Hi

I have a monitored system, with 9 vipers on the windows which makes up nearly half the system. They have been installed in latching mode however there in no reset connection back to the panel, the house is looking like a Christmas tree with all the flashing leds in the windows! Is this good practice? However we had a fire alarm activation, the sensor that activated the red led came on so got the manual out to find out how to reset the sensor. Entering the code, nothing. Called the company out, engineer arrived took the top of the sensor removed the supply top back on re-enabled fire zone on the panel and left total 15mins on site. I was assured this had been properly fixed and tested. I have had another fire activation, again the reset code did not work, rang the company they gave me loads of buttons to press however the sensor is still showing the red led. The company is now telling me that the led been on is normal (errr the led wasent on before and the other sensors led is off). Looking at the manual the key presses leads me to think the panel has had the fire zone omitted. My question is: should the vipers be installed this way? Should the red led switch off on the smoke sensor when reset? Should the sensor be reset from the panel? If so, is it in any standards and where should I start to look as the company is now refusing to come out.

Any advice welcome!

Col

i agree with Peter. Your vipers flashing is not an issue as long as they are on individual circuits or they need to be connected to a viper reset output etc.

It sound like your smoke detector is set to latching and needs a manual reset. Again there are best guesses on the infomation you give. When you were pressing codes what words did you see?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest Big_Col

Hi

Thanks for the reply, the led on the sensor was not on before the activation. after the activation we entered the fire alarm reset code as printed in the user manual the display gose blank as per the manual the panel beeps. the manual says you should go back to the time been displayed if the sensor has reset however the panel showed the fire symbol and the I symbol tried the set code, system did not set. I suspect that james is correct that the sensor is latching and the system has not been wired for latching sensors I.e no reset lines. and needs a reset but the company will not come out. There is a button on the top of the sensor which is a test button. The manual dose not show how to tell the zones that have been switched off.

Col

What control panel is it?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived