Security Installer Community

Challenger 5 Burglar Alarm

Guest Schazz

We have just bought a property with a Challenger 5 Alarm in it. The power was disconnected and now whenever we turn the power back on it shows a light against the reset button. The problem is that there are no instructions provided for it. The Estate Agent contacted the Vendor and he said the alarm was put in by the previous owner and he'd never switched the power off so had never had the problem. He said it was a Wickes alarm and to go to Wickes and ask for a default code. I went to Wickes today and they weren't able to help.

So, can anyone tell me who to contact (the manufacturers?) to find out how to reset it or should we just take something out of the control panel and disable it totally (seems a waste though).

Anyway, I'd be very grateful for any help.

i think to my memory RJB is correct, it is the same as the rascal, but not the white wickes one, its a creamy colour with challanger 5 written on in red.

then again it is monday morning :hmm:

Thanks everyone. I'm at work at the mo, when I get home I'll check it and give a more accurate description of what it looks like . We don't have any codes at all for it so once I can give you a proper description maybe that'll help - sorry for being so vague. Also - I've just realised that I've put a burglar alarm query under a fire alarm discussion area - sorry - I read the 'Domestic' and 'Alarm' and missed the middle bit.

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

Topic locked - please don't bump ancient topics OP when you have your own recent one still open.

Anyone who wants to help please continue to post here >>> TSI Topic - Challenger 5

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands