Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini Problem

Guest youngie33

Guest youngie33

New to this site so please bear with me. I have an ACCENTA 8 MINI SECURITY SYSTEM fitted to my house, been there since before we moved in. Got a problem with the control panel.

About 2 months ago we had an enormous thunder storm which knocked the power off to the village. This in turn immediately set off my alarm, BUT because we had no power I couldn't turn off the alarm from the control panel in my hall, as this was dead also.

So the alarm run on for about half and hour, and then went dead. Then after about four hours the power came back on BUT i had no lights on the control panel. I checked the circuit breaker and that was fine, I also checked the fuse and that was fine. SO now I am stuck with what to do. Can anyone please help with some suggestions? Could it be the battery? Should I buy a new one.

PLease help :(

It could be plenty of things. You can keep trying parts in a process of elimination or get someoen who knows in. id suggest this need slooking at mate. It sounds like the batts gone but lighting is powerfull stuff

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

:) agreed james, this one needs a pro's help.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest youngie33

The alarm was installed by a company called 'Technical Installation' based in Leeds. Any advice Mister dave much appreciated. Regards :)

Guest youngie33

Just a note to add to my original problem to clarify. I DO have lights on the control panel for all the numbers, BUT there is no lights on any of the zones and when I depress any of the buttons, the panel is dead and nothing happens. Any help please :(

Guest youngie33

Having spent some time reading through the forums, it appears that this problem with the ACCENTA 8 control panel locking out could be quite common. One of the trends seems to be to replace the internal battery. Could anyone suggest WHERE one could purchase one of these internal batteries? Please help

Archived