Security Installer Community

Dennard 2060 Rs485 Control

On the back you have 4 serial ports. One of them will be for BBV by default.

If you go System options, one of the settings is Serial and Telemetry ports edit. Here you set required telemetry protocol and baud rate for port.

Make sure you fit TX on sprite to RX on dome.

cheers

Dave

Page 38-39 of manual. It's online here

Dave

Brand new? if its new the data wires of bus A.

I have never uses a 2060 in 485 mode on a sprite, but there are different addresses for different protocols, ie 101 is pelco or something like that check you dome addendum. You will have to have the correct protocol set in the dome that matches the sprite. Aslo the baud rate is done for you. Might be worth shutting the sprite down properly though after chnages as i think it sets the serial port up at boot. (shutdown properly mind)

The dome default might not match the sprite default though. Had this with a Pelco dome recently, did everything appart from change baud rate. Changed to 9600 and off she went :yes:

cheers

Dave

Brand new? if its new the data wires of bus A.

I have never uses a 2060 in 485 mode on a sprite, but there are different addresses for different protocols, ie 101 is pelco or something like that check you dome addendum. You will have to have the correct protocol set in the dome that matches the sprite. Aslo the baud rate is done for you. Might be worth shutting the sprite down properly though after chnages as i think it sets the serial port up at boot. (shutdown properly mind)

cheers

Dave there is 2 9 pin D Sub Connectors which are not used any more, and two green connectors Bus a and Bus b, its not the New DS2AD the older one.

Ha ha rebooting the unit works..... bah.... :) Its Dennard Protocol.

Seems a lot more respnsive on the joystick.

cheers Chaps, its always the simplist of things aint it !!!!

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

It still wouldnt let me do it, so i reinstalled the software on the sprite and its now selectable... Anyway, ive set serial comms to BBV 485 is that right ? do i just set it in Serila one or do i need to also set it at each camera telemetry setting?

Hi, this sometimes happens on the older sprites, they seem to "lose" their serial telemetry and the ability to select it. I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but either a reset or reinstalling the software tends to resolve it.

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Quick question?

How do you reinstall the software on a DS2??

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived