Security Installer Community

Holiday Money

Guest rjbsec

I think the term "Having a Brazillian" kind of went over your head Roger lol.

I must admit though whats the point of going to where ever in the world and eating egg n chips. Have you tried having a Chineese or Indian in other parts of the world? Very different to ours sometimes, often more authentic ive found.

I went out for lunch with the chaps from Dational recently to a Chineese restaurant and asked them to order more tradionally cheneese food rather than me pick from the menu.

It was really nice and interesting trying the various dishes untill i made the mistake of asking what i was actually eating.

Cows stomachs (all 3 of them in various flavours and cooking methods), fish & crabs eggs and chickens claws were the more interesting ones, i asked them to stop telling me in the end.

Curried fish in India is nice as you say, fish is rare in an Indian here yet they eat fish regular over there. And theyre breads yum yum. Im gonna have to stuff my face again now.......

• 3 months later...

Can recommend opening a Nationwide Flex account, if only to transfer holiday spending money into, get a visa debit card (I think theirs are by default anyway) and use card to withdraw cash in local currency. Nationwide give you the currency exchange rate as opposed to the tourist rate and do not charge any sort of commission. Certainly works in european countries. Just don't lose your card on holiday!!!

Off to Amsterdam as usual in May for my birthday bash. A full week of bliss with no phone to ring.

Always get my money from the bank, Natwest advantage gold account holder so get good rates and commision free.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Off to Amsterdam as usual in May for my birthday bash. A full week of bliss with no phone to ring.

Always get my money from the bank, Natwest advantage gold account holder so get good rates and commision free.

Regards

Bellman

Lloyds Business Platinum account holder myself. Currency good rates, next day and commission free. Probably on par with Hutch's Flex Account if I was being honest and more than likley BE's Gold Account.

Dave

Lloyds Business Platinum account holder myself. Currency good rates, next day and commission free. Probably on par with Hutch's Flex Account if I was being honest and more than likley BE's Gold Account.

Dave

Topper.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

So when you are off on your exotic holiday, where do you go to get your best deals on holiday cash?

We travel to the far east once a year as our son travels around out there working we go for for a month hong kong, japan,singapore,kula lumpa etc and we only take enough money for the first three days which we get from Marks and Spencers here after that we use a credit card to remove

Regards

Bellman

Wouldn't have thought you would need money for a window shopping trip. :rolleyes:

Regards

Tony.

Archived