Security Installer Community

Wire Colours On The Pir's (first Timer)

Guest cornwallgas

Guest cornwallgas

just got my box of goodies delivered today(alarm panel, wireless receiver, tag reader and some bosch PIR's), decided on the gardtec controll pannel in the end.

I have all the sensors in place, main controll panel in the attic with the wireless receiver, the keypad is on the wall with the tag reader behind it in the porch, bellbox on the wall outside. i have lengths of wire going from everything to the control panel

What is the preference on what colour wires go where? especially on the PIR's? i have 100m of 8core cable

Thanks

Alan

Most installers use there own colour system, it is unwise for installers to disclose there colour systems on a public forum sorry.

Generally red/black are for your power, but not always. Make your own combination up, remember it, and stick to it.

Regards Dave.

just got my box of goodies delivered today(alarm panel, wireless receiver, tag reader and some bosch PIR's), decided on the gardtec controll pannel in the end.

I have all the sensors in place, main controll panel in the attic with the wireless receiver, the keypad is on the wall with the tag reader behind it in the porch, bellbox on the wall outside. i have lengths of wire going from everything to the control panel

What is the preference on what colour wires go where? especially on the PIR's? i have 100m of 8core cable

Thanks

Alan

Alan

You need to make up your own colour scheme. Every installer will have their own and won't disclose them on this forum. :no:

Take my advice and document the colours you choose for future reference.

Regards

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I like:

GREEN+ WHITE- (power for PIR)

YELLOW/BLUE = circuit

RED/BLACK = tamper

ORANGE/BROWN is spare, or circuit on an additional PIR.

By the way, my company doesn't use this code (we hardly ever install intruder alarms anyway! - Cardax & CCTV only)

Matt

Use BT cable and confuse the hell out of everyone.

We all have our colours we like, the rainbow screened 38 core from a certain supplier is a killer for fault finding.

Guess its like everyone says we stick to what we use and dont advertise it.

cheers

So how do you do the siren then, we like to use mains cable and really set the strobe aglo with some real power with a relay.

Time to stop, this is making me start to giggle.

cheers

Archived