Security Installer Community

Reponse Alarms

Guest Sh4rpie

I only charge for the 3 hours im there.

i'm trying to find out exactly what problems people have had with these systems.

the fact that you can solve these problems over the phone is that the systems are in effect the property of the customer (as they are supposed to be DIY), so they have no problems with programming it or using it after it is installed. whereas with most of the wired systems ive installed, the customer is wary of doing any programming even if guided over the phone. (only my experience dont post back on that please its not relevant to this topic)

the jamming detection still functions but it just isnt DETECTED by the siren outside. the control panel does the detecting instead and triggers the siren outside if needed.

so..... back to the original question, what are the problems people have had.

so far the best answers ive had is ' an ssaib company cannot install these systems' but you dont have to be ssaib to install them. and that 'they are prone to jamming' (if next door has no alarm then that is more of a target so why would anyone bother)

i wouldnt choose to install one of these in any commercial premesis, purely because the level of security would need to be higher, but a residential premesis would be fine with one of these. am i wrong?

I regularly fit wireless but I have never fitted a Response system and neither would I as I do not consider the equipment a "professional" choice.

The only major problem I know of was in the Filton area of Bristol several years ago when one of the solar panelled bellboxes caught fire on the front of a house - I don't know why or how it happened but the evidence of the blackened melted box was there on the wall for all to see for some weeks.

the response systems 'lock out'? ive never experienced this are we talking from the control unit?

ok, now were getting somewhere AG, similar equipment such as?

im also considering these systems soon, if anyone has used them your input would be appreciated.

http://www.everspring.com/Products/Product...ateUIDList=0,65

This is the same reponse system that every two hours sends a signal to every device to find out if it is still there??????

REALLY CLEVER THAT

so in theory you could walk away with a pir in you pocket and wait for two hours before it goes off??........that is of cause that the missing device functuion is enabled :fear:

these panels only have one use.....to help your aiming skills.... whilst aiming the things at a skip

this is really old technology :banned:

i wouldnt choose to install one of these in any commercial premesis, purely because the level of security would need to be higher, but a residential premesis would be fine with one of these. am i wrong?

no - you are absolutely right! people who decide to go diy route deserve that kind of alarm 'system' afterall. good luck!

cheers

Tbh i would'nt touch Response B&Q **** at all.

Took 1 out a couple of months ago and all i had to do was unplug the piece of **** in the kitchen and nothing went of to say the mains had been turned of.

Proceeded to open the panel up and again nothing..............took battery out and you guessed it.....nothing so i have disabled someones alarm in 20 seconds without the bells ringing.

I asked if the husband had fitted the panel but it was the local conservatory company who are giving away free alarms if the customer signs up.

New wireless Gardtec alarm fitted that conforms to the standards with no false alarms at all.

!

• 2 weeks later...
Proceeded to open the panel up and again nothing..............took battery out and you guessed it.....nothing so i have disabled someones alarm in 20 seconds without the bells ringing.

Pretty scary :fear: ...

Even a system with an adequate protection can quickly be disabled if it's incorrectly fitted. I've got some photos of two installations that I came across in the last months that I really, really need to show you... in both cases it is possible to tamper with the alarm without being detected (path from a window to the main panel unprotected, ...).

Having a good alarm properly installed being hard enough, why are the manufacturers allowed to sell alarm systems that are inherently unsecure ?!

uski

Pretty scary :fear: ...

it is possible to tamper with the alarm without being detected (path from a window to the main panel unprotected, ...).

Scenario, greenhouse, two doors (one at each end), contact on each, no movement detectors or other perimeter protection, control panel in the middle of the greenhouse - controls ARE within the PROTECTED AREA, normal points of entry (doors) are protected

Ok, this is a silly example, but ..... 'path from a window to the main panel unprotected' ??

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived