Security Installer Community

Alarm Interfering With Phone

Guest fastasflip

Guest fastasflip

Hi all hope you can give me a few pointers as I'm an alarm virgin :wub:

The house I have just moved into has a Veritas control panel it looks pretty old and has no LCD screen or model number on it. During the 4 weeks we have lived here the phone line has been extremley poor mainly due to a continous crackle but every now and then you can here a sound similiar to the one you get should you leave the phone off the hook.

Had a BT engineer around who Identified that the alarm was the problem and couldn't do much for us.

I can only assume that the alarm was monitored at some point but we dont need this facility. Ive had a look in the "brains" of the system and think I have Identified the phone wires however the alarm sounds when I pull any. Is there anyway around this or do I need an engineer

Many thanks in anticpation

Veritas with coms ??

Yep, very scary I agree. :fear:

Veritas R8 Plus. Either that or comms of the bell relay, seen that loads of times! :no:

Dave

yep you are right..mind you have come accross an installer today who is still working/quoting to bs 4737 and still getting police response

how do they get away with it??????? :bruce_h4h:

Veritas with coms ??

Yep there's has always been the R8+ with digi outputs there was also the the digitas with 8 channel digi built in the board, not forgeting the metal ones fitted with the plug on stu board under the pcb....

Archived