Security Installer Community

Vcl Maxcom Matrix Wiring

Morgan

Does anyone have any details on wiring a VCL Maxcom Matrix.

I have a unit in our office, and the telemetry on all domes has stopped working and so have the alarm inputs. Tests on the domes reveal they are okay, and so are the PIR's, but I have spotted quite a few wiring issues.

I need to rewire the telemetry and alarm inputs, but cannot find a manual for the Maxcom 'Pro' anywhere... I know they have been taken over by Honeywell, but the manual is not on their website.

The alarm input is a 37 Pin connector, whilst the RS232/485 connector looks like an 8 pin Mini Din plug.

If anyone can help at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Morgan

Your installation company will have a copy of the manual, by the sounds of things you have more than a simple system and in order to avoid damaging it further, you would be sell advised to get the installer back.

Firstly, if the system has been working but now all telemetry and alarm triggers have failed, what makes you think its the cable?

What wiring issues have you spotted? If the system worked fine with those wiring issuses how do you know that they are the cause of the fault?

It sounds like the main system has lost its memory/programming, have you been playing with the settings?

Maxcoms have a habbit of blowing fuses now and then. i.e if VCL keyboard is ok check the Maxcom PSU/internal fuse.

Never had one do that yet !

QFA

If youve lost telemtry on ALL domes then its probably a case of a loose plug, you may have a stardrive to which the telemtry for the cameras connects.

Frankly its probably reletivly simple to sort out but i would suggest you get someone in who knows what theyre doing.

Thanks for all of the resonses so far.

The wiring looked like a beautiful job, until I spotted a joint up in the roof, it converts Cat5 cabling to something I have never seen before, and is wired into a huge connector block. with half of the wires now pulled out due to stress on the cables.

Unfortunately both telemetry and alarms are wired into this connector block and all i need to do is figure out where they should have gone.

Its a proper bodge job and I fear the only way to do this is to trace the wires back from the domes and the PIR's into the Maxcom.

I think I can probably guess the alarm wiring, but the PTZ wiring remains a mystery.. any help on a diagram for this would be fantastic.

Thanks

Morgan

Your asking for a diagram of a system we havent seen, bit hopefull!

Seeing that a Maxcom can do "Up the coax " telemtry as well as "twisted pair" telemtry your on your own!

There is a telemtry output on the Maxcom, its clearly marked, looks similar to the keyboard output sockets. If thats not used its Up the coax and your in deep //.B.W.F.// lol.

Hope that helps but bear in mind we cant see the kit from here! :hmm:

Thanks for all of the resonses so far.

The wiring looked like a beautiful job, until I spotted a joint up in the roof, it converts Cat5 cabling to something I have never seen before, and is wired into a huge connector block. with half of the wires now pulled out due to stress on the cables.

Unfortunately both telemetry and alarms are wired into this connector block and all i need to do is figure out where they should have gone.

Its a proper bodge job and I fear the only way to do this is to trace the wires back from the domes and the PIR's into the Maxcom.

I think I can probably guess the alarm wiring, but the PTZ wiring remains a mystery.. any help on a diagram for this would be fantastic.

Thanks

Morgan

Morgan

We are not allowed to give you installation manuals.

If I was a betting man, I would bet if you went on Google and typed "VCL Maxcom .pdf" you may get lucky, I know I just tried. Brings back memories haven't played with VCL for years.

Take the advice of the forum and get a local company in, VCL isn't the easiest for a novice.

Regards

Dave

Archived