Security Installer Community

Need To Set Up Cctv At Home, Please Help.

Guest obyri

techmandan no real reason for it really, other than I was looking at the xvision pcc338 but then I saw somewhere on here that xvision wasn't really all that great and my mother has Vista and says they are good. I just really don't know who else makes them and what makes are good and what I should stear clear of.

well to be honest, i have just installed an x-vision camera unit and it was very good in low light conditions, off the top of my head i cannot remember the model number but i was impressed with the results at night. at the end of the day it is all about what price range you have in mind and what results you would like to get from your cctv system.

i have just been on ebay and they have a baxall camera CD9752/LV (Item number: 150029390059) which doesnt seem to be a bad little unit, maybe worth your while looking at it.

Just to end the 'where can I buy Vista from' bit, they're available to trade customers. They're not really a brand you'll find anywhere readily available to anyone.

There are other better brands that are more readily available, just, or there are other reasonably good cheaper brands that will suffice from DIY type outlets such as Y3K, COP and LJD etc...

If the system is for evidential purposes though to be used by the police I would put second hand cameras from eBay installed by someone who has never touched a CCTV camera before at the bottom of the list of options.

Lurch, I did look into having it prof fitted, but it was over a grand and we really don't have that sort of money.

I read a bad review on here on Y3k and I don't know what COP and LJD are :(

As for the 2nd hand camera, that is only a temporary camera untill I can figure out what else to buy.

i agree, unless you have experiance in setting up these units i would not try and attempt it.

you can buy "plug n play" camera systems which are to be fair not bad.

for example you can buy a vandal resistant camera ready set up and with infra red illuminators built in for around

Lurch, I did look into having it prof fitted, but it was over a grand and we really don't have that sort of money.

But capturing people on camera with enough detail to provide facial recognition for use as evidence isn't soething you can do for a couple of hundred quid and a weekend with some christmas cracker tools.

As mentioned, a grand is a good price if the person that quoted you is going to do the job properly.

I'm not saying don't do the second hand\cheap camera thing at all, all I'm saying is it ight not be worth the effort. You might think you've saved 800 quid but if the stuff you get doesn't do the job at all then all you've done is de;layed the proceedings by x amount of weeks and wasted your money.

I'll leave it with you.

I would install vandal resistant VLD domes, they work in low light and the stones will bounce off them.

Either that or just get a mosquitto, no kids no stone throwing!!

Hi Pete

no dogs, cats, squirels, rats or mice either :P

i've looked into this kit and i see some issue's, the princviple is fine but what i'm not too sure on is the innocent pet owner walking by with his/her dog or a horse rider (i'm often out on mine when working), they could complain if they sussed one was being used, so not too 'cut and dried' imo especially if on a domestic.

from the OP i'd assume stones are thrown from the public highway into his property, so might have some sticky issue's to concider. for instance, could a mosquito user be prosecuted perhaps for causing unnescarsary suffering to animals? the guys next door dog is an inocent captive audiance for instance.

i bet it won't be long before you need some sort of permission for one of these, as it's 'polluting' the air with sound, a bit like light pollution from badly set up auto flood lamps.

i have in the past had employee's of a company complain that the Hz 'whistle' from a ordinary CRT monitor caused them headache's when i installed CCTv. well i don't know how they ever watched Tv :rolleyes: but some people will complain just to be awkward :yes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived