Security Installer Community

Need To Set Up Cctv At Home, Please Help.

Guest obyri

Have looked into the law on it already, my mother has had CCTV up for 5 years filming outside her house and have spoken to the police about it too and they said we can have them on our wall so long as they don't overlook other houses which they wont.

The police don't seem to know the law at all, a PC told me at first that CCTV was a huge no no, he totally confused the regulations of domestic and commercial and my mother phoned the south wales police and gave them what for for it lol since then the police have all told me that CCTV overlooking my wall is ok and its also only for identifying the kids so our local police can start the ASBO process on them.

I just bought a Vista ncd633 for now, I know its black and white, but it was cheap. Does anyone know what leads and power adaptor etc I will need for it?

Bought it 2nd hand, its about a year old, I think it's 0.1 lux without led's and it also has varifocal lens. I don't think Vista make it anymore. I tried doing a Yahoo search for it, not much came up, but one page for Vista said its no longer in their catalouge. Its just a temp one untill we can find something better or untill I am less confused by it all but now I am confused by the connections, thank gawd thats hubbys department lol.

Really appriciate the help everyone :)

Ebay is where I found the NCD lol. There doesn't seem to be a massive range of them on Ebay atm tho. It would be nice if I could just order one from somewhere, surely Vista must sell them somewhere :hmm:

James? Sorry to be dense, I really am new to CCTV and the terms, but from your earlier post which do you think would be better, a day/night camera or a colour/mono camera? Am looking at a site with specs for the vista protos and they are all colour/mono.

Archived