Security Installer Community

Veritas System - Don't Know Engineer Codes?

Guest Darren

Guest Darren

Hi

I just bought a new house and there is a veritas system installed. I got an electrician who also installs alarms to move the panel and keypad for me as I was having major building work done. After this was done and all linked up he told me the engineer code was changed at some point in the past (obviously by previous occupant) and he couldn't do anythiing with it.

I was advised to purchase a whole new system just because of this. The alarm lights, pir's etc etc all seem to work, when I key in the standard code **** for a user it lights up and makes the entry/exit sound and the zones appear, so this to me means it has the potential to work if the codes were known, is that a fair assumption?

Obviously as there has been some movement of the equipment the alarm still thinks it is set up the old way so needs the engineer code for the electrician to make the ammendments.

I'm basically not sure if I'm being ripped of by this guy as he is still telling me to buy this new equipment.

Is it correct that if you don't know the engineer codes then you have to buy a whole new system? If anyone knows of any routes to take to resolve this then I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards

Darren

Guest rjbsec
Hi

I just bought a new house and there is a veritas system installed. I got an electrician who also installs alarms to move the panel and keypad for me as I was having major building work done. After this was done and all linked up he told me the engineer code was changed at some point in the past (obviously by previous occupant) and he couldn't do anythiing with it.

I was advised to purchase a whole new system just because of this. The alarm lights, pir's etc etc all seem to work, when I key in the standard code **** for a user it lights up and makes the entry/exit sound and the zones appear, so this to me means it has the potential to work if the codes were known, is that a fair assumption?

Obviously as there has been some movement of the equipment the alarm still thinks it is set up the old way so needs the engineer code for the electrician to make the ammendments.

I'm basically not sure if I'm being ripped of by this guy as he is still telling me to buy this new equipment.

Is it correct that if you don't know the engineer codes then you have to buy a whole new system? If anyone knows of any routes to take to resolve this then I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards

Darren

Call in an alarm engineer to default and then re-programme the system - someone here might help if you post your location.

agree with the above,

The panel should be able to be defaulted back to it's factory settings.

This panel does support engineer code lock but a few engineers can get around this and still default it for you.

If your unable to find an engineer that can do this then all you need to do is change the control panel pcb.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Thanks

Can you tell me what the control panel pcb is and how much that would be roughly to replace?

Or is it better do you think to just replace the full system?

Darren

Thanks

Can you tell me what the control panel pcb is and how much that would be roughly to replace?

Or is it better do you think to just replace the full system?

Darren

The PCB is the big green circuit board in the box, PCB=Printed Circuit Board :)

It's probably easier to buy another complete panel and just swap the pcb's over.

You'd only have to do this if the engineer code is locked in and your engineer can't reset it.

Idealy you need the services of an engineer familiar with this type of panel.

Alarmgard Is in sunny Scotland and should be able to provide you with a repair service. :yes:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived