Security Installer Community

Glass Break Sensors

Gees

You are'nt going to be using these as your main form of detection are you? I would only recommend a glass break if there was a particularly vulnerable area in the property. Even then it would be backed up by a PIR in the room.

They all do the same thing just some do it a bit better than others. I've only used the Pyronix BG2000 (not my choice) and it works fine for what it is.

What will you be testing these with?

Trade Member

just my input i hate all glassbreak detectors but rated the shatterpro 2 in their day. But all gb's seem to false alarm and miss real broken windows so now we rarly fit them.. Foil all the way!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

just my input i hate all glassbreak detectors but rated the shatterpro 2 in their day. But all gb's seem to false alarm and miss real broken windows so now we rarly fit them.. Foil all the way!

I agree, you can never guarantee it will go into alarm if someone smashes a window, but they always seem to go off when someone kicks a roller shutter!

Foil on a domestic though? Unless you do it in a diamond pattern so it looks like leading!

Trade Member

Guest rjbsec

Agree they are not as "good as one another", they are "as bad as one another" - to be avoided where possible and I'm sure James wasn't suggesting foil on a domestic.

Incidently I remember when they first brought out the Shatterpro - came with a leaflet that said it "passed the keys test" ... shake a bunch of keys at it and it won't alarm. At the end of an installation I told this to the customer as a way of impressing him and promptly shook a bunck of keys where the Shatterpro was fitted .... you've guessed the rest I'm sure ... very embarrassing! :cry:

shatterpro 1's did the key trick, but with the shatterpro 2 you needed to shake your keys and hit the window. And no i wasnt suggesting foil on a domestic, but i think we could start another thread on leaded lights, and fancy designs with foil, im thinking of a bit of varnish and a single strand of 6 core, you wouldnt really see it but the varnish might be a problem!!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived