Security Installer Community

A One Off

Vince8282

Guest DRB Communications

Thats a Panasonic DBS System....Not sure what the rules are regarding Tel system manuals, if anyone can confirm the posting of manuals is OK I can give you a copy of installation/programing/user manual in PDF format and any advice you may require.

First bit of advice.......time your client changed system :)

looking at the wall paper, did you have a projectile vomit in seeing this then?

i thnk the manuals restricted are for security systems - don't shoot me if i wrong though :cold2:

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for your response DRB Comms

As the title says this is just a one off, so I don't really want to get too involved with his comms kit as I am alarm based, not comms. I just thought I would go the extra mile to help him get what he was after. In this case it was a looped music player for when his customers were on hold, he previously had a cd player plugged into it but after 12 months it packed in LOL.

Now he has this mp3 player with no moving parts to wear out that is working ok but when he found out that the phone system could do other things he started to ask questions like what else can it do? So I said where is your user manual? He say he hadn't been given one when it was installed as mentioned in a previous post.

As your advice to get him to upgrade will probably be met with a reply like... Why should I it's doing what I bought it for?... My reply will be well why are you not happy with the way it is then?

I don't need an installation manual but a copy of the user features would be useful eg turn music on/off on each station/phone. only allow outside line from certain phones etc. Not a complete programing by lap top just from the main display phone.

All suggestion will be treated in strict confidense then filed in the bin :banned:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

looking at the wall paper, did you have a projectile vomit in seeing this then

regs

alan

Hi Alan

I had a similar thought. It's not wall paper it's that stupid insulated panels you see in warehouses that you really need a plate behind to fix the sab's. It looks like they fitted this pannel using 1/2" 6's to the edges :P

PS What do you think of my pics? I might go on the rampage and fill Dave's gallery with all sorts rouge traders stuff. Is there a set wat to upload them so they don't take up too much room :hmm: perhaps on an other topic.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Thanks for your response DRB Comms

As the title says this is just a one off, so I don't really want to get too involved with his comms kit as I am alarm based, not comms. I just thought I would go the extra mile to help him get what he was after. In this case it was a looped music player for when his customers were on hold, he previously had a cd player plugged into it but after 12 months it packed in LOL.

Now he has this mp3 player with no moving parts to wear out that is working ok but when he found out that the phone system could do other things he started to ask questions like what else can it do? So I said where is your user manual? He say he hadn't been given one when it was installed as mentioned in a previous post.

As your advice to get him to upgrade will probably be met with a reply like... Why should I it's doing what I bought it for?... My reply will be well why are you not happy with the way it is then?

I don't need an installation manual but a copy of the user features would be useful eg turn music on/off on each station/phone. only allow outside line from certain phones etc. Not a complete programing by lap top just from the main display phone.

All suggestion will be treated in strict confidense then filed in the bin :banned:

hi Vince8282,

i don't have this one to hand, my advice like with the more exotic alarm panels, not all the possible features are enabled that appear in the manual, this leads to confussion. i think you risk being plagued by questions onhow to do this you just can't answer, termanolgy with Panasonic System in engrish can be a little ellusive too - so KISS is the best bet.

regs

alan.

hi Vince8282,

i don't have this one to hand, my advice like with the more exotic alarm panels, not all the possible features are enabled that appear in the manual, this leads to confussion. i think you risk being plagued by questions onhow to do this you just can't answer, termanolgy with Panasonic System in engrish can be a little ellusive too - so KISS is the best bet.

regs

alan.

Hi Alan

Have you been having engrish lesson from Georgy? :P

I agree no more out of area jobs KISS with the emphasis on the last S. I like the more exotic panels but I still think we all tend to go over the top when speccing for customer needs. Many subscribe to the school of "Give the customer what they want not what they need" I have mixed feelings about this philosophy and most customers haven't got a clue what they want let alone what they need.

Guest DRB Communications

This is the Operating Instructions for that system

Looks like he has the system set-up for around 24 lines and 40 ish extn's (can't see the cards too clearly) and only useing about 4 lines 3 extn's so no worries should a card go faulty :)

Thanks DRB Comms...

You have satisfied an old mans curiosity and between us both made a customer happy a great achievement in this day and age. :yes:

I think this is a classic example on why posts should be left open and not closed because the end has justified the means. Thats wot I fink anyway :whistle:

Hi Alan

Have you been having engrish lesson from Georgy? :P

I agree no more out of area jobs KISS with the emphasis on the last S. I like the more exotic panels but I still think we all tend to go over the top when speccing for customer needs. Many subscribe to the school of "Give the customer what they want not what they need" I have mixed feelings about this philosophy and most customers haven't got a clue what they want let alone what they need.

Hi Vince,

i know what you mean, i posted elsewhere a salesman on Shielsd Protection sold an update on an old battery system to a pensioner, what did he spec? a CPA6. poor dear had not a clue how to use it. i had to write it all down for her in big hand writting :rolleyes:

boy did me and him have a few words :ranting:

today, even cheapy panels offer loads of facilties not dreamed of 'when i was a lad' (a couple of relays and a lockswitch i started with) in an attempt to be all things to every one. really once produced in PCB format its all in the base programming after that to get them.

i don't use low end panels facility speaking, the Gardtec/Euosec and CPX being the smallest, as i prefer adaptability allowing some leeway for those situations that change the final format. even they have settings which are confussing to the trade and non-trade alike, hence my advice. and the manuals are not complete let alone in 'engerish'.

regs

alan

Archived