Security Installer Community

Veritas Fault

Guest jacey

I have a home Veritas R8 system installed with a remote keypad.

Last week it was on a Part Set when the RKP simply stopped responding (no lights etc).

I disconnected the power and battery (as I had no way of entering any codes to stop the alarm).

When I powered the system back up, the RKP is back on OK but now none of the PIR's or Mag connectors are working (no lights on on the PIRs) even though I can get the mag connector to chime when open. I've followed the instructions in the user manual to SET the system during mains failure to no avail. There is no Tamper light on. I can enter the engineer code and view zones / types and they are all as before (presumably as this is all in the Non Volatile memory).

I thought there may be a fuse to the circuit feeding the PIRs but can't seem to locate one.

I have the full installation manual and user manual but can't see anything in those that helps.

Is there anything else I should be doing after a complete power down to bring the zones back in?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks.

JC

Check the Aux voltage with a meter at the terminals.

OK thanks Norman - Though I'll need to get hold of a meter. Maybe I'm then getting out of my depth with that. I was hoping there was a separate fuse or a sequence of codes I could go through. :-|

Thanks Dave, I thought I checked all the fuses but I'll check again when I get home tonight.

There are 4 visible fuses I've found on the front panel then there's a hidden one inside a grey pullout thing (I know that because it blew in storm last year). Isn't that hidden one the AUX? if so it's fine.

All Sorted! It was the AUX fuse after all. :)

I had checked this fuse visually and wrongly thought it was ok. You live and learn!

Sincere thanks to everyone's advice - especially 'alarm guard' who spent his own time on the phone with me tonight talking me through the steps to establish the cause. You're a star Paul!

Archived