Security Installer Community

What Is "hyper Terminal" How Do You Use It

golfball

Apparently you can use the "Hyper terminal " programe of windows How ?

how do you configure it

what use is it

how do you use it

does any one use it

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Guest Cerberus NI

Provided you set the baud rate up you can use it to view printer outputs and store them on your lappy to compare should you need to.

Pretty versatile program.

so if ive got the right type of lead i could plug on to a 3g redcare stu and watch it fire the pins with it then (this is just a thought ) as there seems to be a set of pins for a plug on it

If you havent guessed im on call tonight so sat in office getting bored looking for things to play with

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Ive used it to check communication with a paxton rs485 converter.

Dont ask me how, paxton tech were talking me through it!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

so if ive got the right type of lead i could plug on to a 3g redcare stu and watch it fire the pins with it then (this is just a thought ) as there seems to be a set of pins for a plug on it

If you havent guessed im on call tonight so sat in office getting bored looking for things to play with

yeah they do an app for this i beleive. If its in 232 then you can make the lead yourself, with the right connectors. Not sure what traffic would be on it though

All you need is a lead from the STU to 9 pin d type plug, hyper terminal just read the info the STU gives out, got the lead somewhere, if you want the pin connections let me know, it was best on the early Redcare GSM the ones where you plugged a STU on a motherboard, it gave you signal strength and every bit of information it transmitted.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

We use it quite a bit in the comms trade for (less commonly now) talking to routers/phone systems etc. Useful for capturing files or traces of problems for analysis.

Also used to use it for some of the old Least Cost Routing diallers.

Also still used quite a bit for Call Logging for small hotels/businesses etc.

Sometimes used for configuring modem for a remote access connection or particular dialling rules using the AT command set.

Very handy for those still on dialup when having problems connecting, can use it to dial a mobile or landline number so they can check the modem is dialling out ok.

There is a more advanced version for download from hilgraeve which gives you more options/features etc - free for personal use, meant to buy a license for commercial usage.

Don't use it as much as I used to but still very handy free tool.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Ive used it to check communication with a paxton rs485 converter.

Dont ask me how, paxton tech were talking me through it!

RTFM, it's in there. ;)

Whats a Manual????

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived