Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Pir Disable

Hi Guys,

I've just fitted this 15 zone premier panel and instructed end user on use, only to be told i need to disable all PIR's (not just LED's) every Friday!!!.

I presume i'm not alone with this problem, anyone any ideas? can i drive a panel output to switch a relay to remove power from PIR's?

I have 2 spare cores in the cable from the RKP to Control Box, am i better to install a switch near RKP and drive relay in Control Panel???

I am using N/C contacts in both alarm and tamper circuits with no E.O.L.

cheers

:blink:

Just turn off the LED's, they'll never know :ninja:

I would'nt want to be switching an inductive load along the keypad's cable personally, but you can do whatever you want aslong as it's safe and the customer is happy with it. I'm presuming it does'nt need to comply. I'd just mount a large toggle switch or even a keyswitch under the end station and instruct them on it's use. Just make sure it's suitably rated, current wise.

Trade Member

I've just fitted this 15 zone premier panel and instructed end user on use, only to be told i need to disable all PIR's (not just LED's) every Friday!!!.

why only the pir's............... they leave the rkp, endstation & the leccy on??????

why only the pir's............... they leave the rkp, endstation & the leccy on??????

yeah - i'm not a jew but i think that they might possibly be able to leave PIR's as they are since it is "passive" equipment. besides it is security device - they can kill muslims on friday to protect themselves - why couldn't they have passive IR detector protecting them and their premises..? :whistle:

just a thought..

:question:

maybe you explain how pir actually doesn't work - might be just a misunderstanding in how it does detection.. there is btw juicy stories in this forum about PIR's draining energy from people.. :roflmao:

Just as a footnote, the jewish religion isnt allowed to use keys on the sabbath either. so a keyswitch isnt a viable option either.

Mind you i agree with gorg here bit double standard isnt it.

cheers

We have quite a lot of Jewish clients, mostly non religious. For the religious ones they just ask for the LED's to be disabled on the PIR's. Techically, they are not allowed to activate a circuit so disabling the LED is not really complying with the religion, but it suffices for most people, including certain Rabbi's.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I recently attended a callout to Jewish house. I was informed by the owner that they were fairly orthadox after noticing the amount of wigs his wife had. They made no mention of disabling the PIRs or LEDs, though.

If you don't know......ask.

Im confused, do Jewish women tend to be bald then to have so many wigs?

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Archived