Security Installer Community

What Ptz Cam Is Suitable.....

Ish

A PTZ dome will be connected to a pc to record educational lectures. Sound will be taken from the PA system. The footage will then be edited and burned to dvd for students.

What PTZ dome would you recommend that has a minimum of 22x optical zoom and the quality will be as good as an average 'domestic' camcorder?

And before someone says why not just buy a camcorder a PTZ dome is ideal becuase it is discreet & we can move the camera around for different lecturers. The lecturers will not move once they have chosen their seated or standing position.

What PTZ dome would you recommend

Thanks for any help.

With a bit of dejavu weve been here before im sure.

My best advice would be to pick up the yellow pages and get a company in to advise you, where they can see the conditions the camera will be working in. This way you will get a much more accurate way forward. Some installers however tend to favour certain manufactures products for many reasons, the most important one's should be experience & reliability.

The truth is most PTZ Domes will be suitable regardless of manufacturer but sometimes specifics of the model will be important and its nigh on impossible to point you in the right direction without having seen the situation you intend to use the dome in!

Hi

i did ask this before ( well I asked if a PTZ coud do dvd quality) but then the budget didn't allow for this to go ahead whereas now the money is there ready to be spent hence me asking for specific PTZ models

• 3 weeks later...
just a thought, why dont you try COP Security on www.cop-eu.com have a look at the day noght internal dome camera, and ptz day night dome camera
CJT do you only ever use COP..? You seem to like promoting them every chance you get.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived