Security Installer Community

See You Tomorrow.

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest shown in the training and the work we have to offer.

We have around 20 confirmed attendees over the two days, all from this forum.

Hope we can do you justice.

This is a trial project, so any feedback will be gratefully recieved from those attending. For those that could not make it this time, but were interested, we will sort another day for you guys.

I am hopeful that this will prove a valuable networking experience for all interested.

BTW, Lurch was asking if anyone wanted to meet fro breakfast before coming to us tomorrow.

Let him know directly. I am flat out trying to finalise the content without going mad (have to set off at 7am to get there).

Anyhoo, see you all tomorrow and Wednesday.

And thanks to Dave for giving us the tools to sort this out :)

Regards,

Matt

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had a good day, nice to put names to faces.

When i left i was thinking of what could be changed about the day and had a completly different perspective to it than Roger, such as quieter air con (couldnt hear Roger or Pauls questions) and man size cups and glasses(coffee was gone in 2 sips) :P

As for a demo board maybe a fair idea for those that want to but i suppose as many lads would not want to as the wiring diagrams are clear.

Just been on there web site and there is a zenon flash light for use with the smoke machine, there was no mention of this today.

What if in the training room the flasher is set up with the smoke machine and the sounder and let it all off at once, real life demo.( may need an extract fan or your product that turns smokey air into clear air).

I also think we all should have received a portable gas powered smoke machine, i could have a right laugh with that down the pub and through my mates letterboxes ect..

Back on a serious note thanks for a good day Matt and Ady.

Adi

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Suppose it depends on the people on the day, most will have an understanding of the wiring before starting the day so would be fine to go out on a live install. Others will just like to see how it goes together, in an inquisitive way.

I'm an easily pleased person though, as long as there's no punch-ups, I'm happy.

Many thanks to Matt and Ady, and the sandwich maker, for a worthwhile day out.

No-one's mentioned the sandwiches, they were nice. :)

thinking on this smoke idea, has anyone ever played urban paintball, and they pump in smoke? it's really disorientating and wierd to play in, using torches taped to you guns sas style but the light also give you away.

one site near me was an old ww2 command bunker, if adolf and his mates had got across the channel this was to be used. 3 levels of tunnels and passages. trouble was last time we played they had forgotten the smoke grenades so used ditress flairs instead - i choked up orange dust for a fortnight :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thinking on this smoke idea, has anyone ever played urban paintball, and they pump in smoke? it's really disorientating and wierd to play in, using torches taped to you guns sas style but the light also give you away.

one site near me was an old ww2 command bunker, if adolf and his mates had got across the channel this was to be used. 3 levels of tunnels and passages. trouble was last time we played they had forgotten the smoke grenades so used ditress flairs instead - i choked up orange dust for a fortnight :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Thanks for comments guys.

Good to see you all.

Just back home frantically changing the content for tomorrow (sorry.......guinea pigs syndrome).

Seriously though, many thanks for making the efforts to get there (some have travelled a huge distance to get there).

We look forward to a beneficial relationship.

Regards,

Matt

I found it a very useful day and wouldn't have missed the opportunity - would I have liked anything different? Yes I would have liked the opportunity for a hands on install demo - maybe a demo board somewhere for next time with the opportunity of taking a demo install from the alarm panel to the final commissioning. I don't know how difficult that would be to setup but I do believe it would have added to a worthwhile day.

Look forward to hands-on in the field at some stage in the future.

In motion.

With regards to field hands on, I think that there should be little doubt of that happening in your area.

M

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Not able to make it, as too many installs and aprentise has handed in notice for easier work. As i am employed i was the last to know, he, rather my line manager mentoined today hes gone into his uncles or somethings business.

Anyone ever seen a house underpinned? He thinks hes going to have a easy life digging out sereral tonnes of soil, with a possibility of the place collapsing. Then helping in more tonnes of cement and then agitating it.

Laugh, I had to go buy myself a months supply of pampers.

cheers

Thanks for comments guys.

Good to see you all.

Just back home frantically changing the content for tomorrow (sorry.......guinea pigs syndrome).

Seriously though, many thanks for making the efforts to get there (some have travelled a huge distance to get there).

We look forward to a beneficial relationship.

Regards,

Matt

In motion.

With regards to field hands on, I think that there should be little doubt of that happening in your area.

Would have liked to have attended Matt but at the last minute the guy I work with went sick! I think he was just sick of lossing his ball in the ruff and saw this weather as an ideal opportunity to top up the tan and improve his swing!! when you next have a session can you PM me as I would like to attend,many thanks Matt regards Paul.

hi all,

a good day and well worth while imo, i went with the intent to investigate, and came away feeling this could be another good avenue to explore.

i was very impressed by the quality and build of the kit, as always a bit of room for some minor improvements, the secondary or comformation pir is not indicated, so if faulty and in open circuit full time, it could give an imediate activation if the intuder alarm is tripped say on a maintenance, i think i would run the confirmation from a small intruder panel, then panel confirms to activate smoke - thats just me though.

matt and trevor are very informative (but matt is not too clever with the crowd control pistol - so stand clear :rolleyes: )

if you get a chance go along, if nothing else it's worth knowing what might get bolted on to your system by another company and any ramifications as well as to avoid accidental operation of them.

i also met some guys who did not want to remove me from the gene pool - and that was such a releif but i think the sight of my knees brought on a sense of pitty for the painfully afflicted, but i did not sit with may back to any doors just in case :P .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived