Security Installer Community

Burglar Alarm Advice

Guest mikeyv1

Guest mikeyv1

Thanks,the shed is only bike height and in direct sunshine so a pir may false alarm.ill dedinately use a contact and shock though.Any ideas about the spec i should use.ie what and howmany detectors i would need in a normal 2up 2down.I would like to use a veritas R8 so any thoughts on that would be welcome.

Thanks alot for the responses ,any view on a veriatas r8 would be great.

It's a basic low end system that will do the job if you don't need more than 8 zones, but don't expect many features. I would also stick a PIR on the landing too.

Trade Member

Guest mikeyv1

Is the R8 Plus any better a system,regarding security is it a harder to defeat system,please dont give specifics as i know these are against the rules of this forum.Any ideas about other systems would be great and any pics or links would be appreciated.

Personally i never liked the texacom panels after a rep showed me one and it blew up in his demonstration case :oops: menvier is now starting to annoy me, but these ar personal views. Now am turning more to Galaxy panels. Nice pieces of kit and can do just about anything you want them to do.

cheers

To be honest, I've never had any experience with Texecom gear, aside from a couple of Veritas panels and bell boxes. What kit you go for depends on your budget and availabilty of the product. Everyone here would probably recommend different equipment, so if you like the look of the R8 Plus, why not go for the Veritas Excel?

As far as I know, it's an R8 Plus but with an LCD keypad. The LCD is so much better than an LED keypad, so IMO it's worth the extra expense. What bell box and detectors are you looking at?

Trade Member

Guest mikeyv1

Hi,

I was looking at 3-4 Prestige IR Pir's

Either 1 or two vibration/glass break sensors

and the Odyssey 3 (115db) bell box

and two contacts.

Could any also suggest the best way to conceal wires for the system as i would be placing the shock on a pvc window and have no idea how to hide the cable .Thx in advance

Archived