Security Installer Community

Burglar Alarm Advice

Guest mikeyv1

Guest mikeyv1

Hi,

Ive got a normal two up two down house ,however it is a corner house and so has three sides exposed ,what make of system pref with RKP would be a good system that would be secure and able to be fittted by a competent diyer. Is there also any way to protect an outside building with any sensors that would still be linked to the house alarm.Sorry about the length of the post but in addition would perimeter security such as shock sensors be worth installing on a normal corner house. In total i wouldnt really like to spend over 200 on a system

any help would be great ,thx in advance

Guest mikeyv1
cheers for the response, i saw a texecom veritas r8+ with RKP ,along with 3 PIR's ,2 contacts ,odyssey 3 sounders and all the cables and clips for around 140,is this a good price and would it give me the potential to add fire protection ,like smoke alarms. Thx in advance

cheers for the response, i saw a texecom veritas r8+ with RKP ,along with 3 PIR's ,2 contacts ,odyssey 3 sounders and all the cables and clips for around 140,is this a good price and would it give me the potential to add fire protection ,like smoke alarms. Thx in advance

It is a good price when you add all of those bits together if bought seperately. I bought the Veritas R8 Plus knowing that Texecom is used by many of the professionals. I personally preferred to pick each item so that I could have better PIR's and an LCD keypad but it's a personal choice.

You can add smoke detectors to one of the zones.

Guest mikeyv1

Thanks alot for the response,any ideas about an outside building or should i just put a shed alarm on it.its actually a bike and is very securely locked,i just want a way to link it to a loud alarm.

Scantronic do a nice wireless kit, got one for a m8 whos garage was 45 mtrs from the house inside was a Valaerdero SP1, 4 k`s worth of bike plus other stuff. Worked a treat.

cheers

Guest mikeyv1

Thanks for the response.The bike shed is actually attached to the back wall so i was wondering if a wired shock would work.

Archived