Security Installer Community

Mobile Camera And Recorder

jnealon

I have a customer who runs an apartment complex and they are having a problem with post being stolen from the boxes in the loby. This is happening in a couple of the blocks and they want a mobile camera and recorder to be placed there for a few weeks until the culprit is caught.

The only thing I can think of is a cmos camera in a pir with an SD card inside. I have seen these at a show but am unsure if it would work here

Thanks

Jim

will getting power to it be a problem?

I think the pir you are refering to is the memocam, vdomain.com sell them but minimum qty orders only I think.

an sd card will limit the amount of recording and in a busy lobby 1 gig might last a day, you might be better off using a pir with a camera and 2.4g transmitter to a receiver close by with a dvr on it.

Oh, and take a slap on the wrist for using the word CMOS, in fact CMOS should be added to the bad word filter :P

if you need any more help then PM me or get this thread moved to trade.

I have a customer who runs an apartment complex and they are having a problem with post being stolen from the boxes in the loby. This is happening in a couple of the blocks and they want a mobile camera and recorder to be placed there for a few weeks until the culprit is caught.

The only thing I can think of is a cmos camera in a pir with an SD card inside. I have seen these at a show but am unsure if it would work here

Thanks

Jim

memocam was designed for just such a use, but pricey for what you get.

you can buy the recorder unit and use any camera so radio cams becomes an option.

if you can put in say a motorbike or car battery for power, why not use a taxi dvr and camera, LJD and Henry's audio offer these (along with others).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We use the Memocam for these situations . Connected to a 17ah battery its ideal if their's no power available

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

time of battery depends whats running of it, the memocam dv-58 is 180mA a pinhole camera could be 200ma. The dv-58 has a sleep mode of 10mA until the external trigger is activated, then it will power itself up and the camera.

Using that method I can get about a week from the system with a couple of minutes of footage from a 2AH battery.

2aH/current draw/24= days

Ideally use the next size up battery from what you think you need.

Archived