Security Installer Community

Dsc Alarm

Jeff C

i guess what I am trying to ascertain at this point.

Is am I right in fitting 6 core cable to locations for PIR's and keypads, and 4 core cable for door/window contacts, smoke/heat detectors, glass break detectors, and shock sensors?

Does anyone recommend any particular door/window sensors and shock sensors? or should I match them to the make of control panel?

thanks.

Well that was a completely useless reply.

I thought I had found a forum that would offer help and advice instead of useless banter.

cheers Mr. (not so) Happy :(

how long you had your house and is it a semi??

no you will not lose your wireless keyfobs

yes you can get the udl (in my opinon you should not be able to)

You need more than 24 zones (unless every thing is being doubled up??)

in your "design" you assume you can wire as many things on the system as you like?

You assume you need 6 core for PIRs and Keypads?

You assume your getting banter??

no you will not lose your wireless keyfobs

so a texecom will do

yes you can get the udl (in my opinon you should not be able to)

I guess Jeff C couldn't bother less about your opinion here.. :lol:

You need more than 24 zones (unless every thing is being doubled up??)

So a Premier 48 should do..

in your "design" you assume you can wire as many things on the system as you like?

well assumed if also bigger panel assumed..

You assume you need 6 core for PIRs and Keypads?

6 core will do OK thou some professionals prefer 8 core. if you use DEOL (texecom supports this) only 4 cores are actually needed but it is always wise to have few spare ones..

You assume your getting banter??

:roflmao:

that is absolutely false assumption!! :lol:

what i'am getting at is current, 3 x rkp + 1 or 2 node, sab + detection + radio expander + l.s.

6 core will do OK thou some professionals prefer 8 core. if you use DEOL (texecom supports this) only 4 cores are actually needed but it is always wise to have few spare ones.

Bus + detection 4 if required you know that & so do I......

Triple eol (zone, tamper & mask) if required

that is absolutely false assumption!! :lol:

Me??? Never.......

I cannot remember the last time I installed 6 core never mind 4 core, Use 8 the overall thickness is negligible and it could save a lot of heartache if you ever have cable faults. You will need additional power supplies, not sure of the current consumption for the above kit you want but you will require at least one. If you were given the facility to UDL via software the installer should offer no guarantee on design, but on kit only. You are going ott with the contacts, you have to assess the risk and likeleyhood of intrusion and this can be done properly by a site visit and risk assessment. I believe you would be wasting money on alarming every accessible window, I would recommend trap protection and shock protection on the most vulnerable entry points. Loose the glassbreak and replace it with a good quality dual tech in the conservatory. A glassbreak won't detect the glass being removed and they are a pain in the ar5e. Again DT's for the shed's.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Thanks for all the help. (even Mr Happy)

That is what I needed to know.

I am going to go OTT running the cable (even though I only have 4 and 6 core cable, not 8). If I hadn't already bought the cable I would order 8 core. Regardless, if I run the maximum number of cables that I need I can always stuff them behind the plasterboard in case I need them in the future.

I will forget the glass break detector, and lose some of the window contacts.

The reason for overkill is because my car was once stolen by someone climbing through an open window, because I forgot to close it at night time. With window contacts the alarm would tell me that I had left a window open.

Archived