Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini

Guest adamski

hold on i have not slagged anyone off,all i have done is said that we really shouldnt be encourageing untrained persons to open up enclosures that contain live parts....as for stating my credentials yeah if you want them i will,but one of MY credentials is a very good friend of mine died of electrocution(whilst working in this trade) the accident was caused through no fault of his own and yes he did know what he was doing,so prehaps i do have half an idea on what i am talking about

Reread your posts and think about what you are implying! Yes a good friend may have been electrocuted, no doubt there will be a reason why. However as I wasn't there and not party to all the facts it would be unfare to comment or accept that his misfortune has a direct bearing on this topic, other than to say that live testing does happen and in a controlled manner there should be no danger.

Reread your posts and think about what you are implying! Yes a good friend may have been electrocuted, no doubt there will be a reason why. However as I wasn't there and not party to all the facts it would be unfare to comment or accept that his misfortune has a direct bearing on this topic, other than to say that live testing does happen and in a controlled manner there should be no danger.

yes it does but the guys that do the live testing are trained,on this forum we dont know who we are giving advice too,and you know as well as i do customers do like to play and save themself money and accidents do happen and if the worst happens it could end up in a jail sentance,and all i was trying to point out(and failing) is that we really have to be careful

Guest rjbsec
yes it does but the guys that do the live testing are trained,on this forum we dont know who we are giving advice too,and you know as well as i do customers do like to play and save themself money and accidents do happen and if the worst happens it could end up in a jail sentance,and all i was trying to point out(and failing) is that we really have to be careful

"We" were being careful, thats why I issued the caution!

Guest adamski

bloody hell, i didnt mean to start a fight... by the way can anyone recomend an installer in east london as i want to sort the window and door conecters out and also to run some of the cables under the floor and try and tidy up the wires ive got as they are abismal, i reckon about a days work and ill do all the scrabbling around getting fresh wire laid under the floorboards and stuff, so just the wiring and a bit of service and some advice needed, ive had a look at the list thing on the forum but doesnt seem to be anyone specific to east london

Guest rjbsec
bloody hell, i didnt mean to start a fight... by the way can anyone recomend an installer in east london as i want to sort the window and door conecters out and also to run some of the cables under the floor and try and tidy up the wires ive got as they are abismal, i reckon about a days work and ill do all the scrabbling around getting fresh wire laid under the floorboards and stuff, so just the wiring and a bit of service and some advice needed, ive had a look at the list thing on the forum but doesnt seem to be anyone specific to east london

Try www.ssaib.org/Search.htm or www.nsi.org to find a local installer - for this type of work a small local firm is always going to be your best bet.

Archived