Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini

Guest adamski

Guest adamski

hello

can anyone help? have got one of these alarms installed and the bloody thing has stopped working. All power is on, i checked all the fuses in the main box i could see, but when ever i set it and shut the door if just keeps double bleeping and not setting, theres a bit of dodgy wiring on the key pad wire with two cables wrapped together, then one cable going into a small white cylinder thing, i reatached the two cables back together from where they came but now it wont set... i know this must sound a bit basic but i cant get it to set, or does anyone know an installer in east london that they could recomend??

Guest adamski

should just add, wasnt me put the alarm in, just bought a new (old) house with it in, tried the number for the engineer but not a numbr anymore

Guest adamski

yep, two wires were out (just by the front door) so have put them back as they were but now it wont set, will a fuse have gone somewhere?, i know this is pretty basic stuff but not to sure...

Guest adamski

many thanks for that, understand the problem of getting asked advice via the internet is a bit daft

but cant see what it is,

when punch in the code it just double beeps, and the zone 1 light is on ( which is the front door) can see all the wiring, there is no motion senser thing in the front hall, just the door conecter thing, can see all the wiring as it hasnt been hidden so cant get what it is????

Guest adamski

this is getting weirder, as i say this is the first time ive looked the wiring... the front door contact if you follow the two wires back along one of the wires doesnt even make it back to the box, im very confused, do each of the door conecters run in there own individual loops to the box or do they all loop together going from one to another back then back to the box??? im confused now!!

Where are these loose wires connected to at the panel? Find out what colours go to zone one, and see what cable they disappear into. Sounds like the installer has used spare cores from the keypad cable to cable the door contact, with the join inside the keypad.

Trade Member

Guest adamski

thanks for this, much appreciated...

at the control pad if you follow the wire down at the base of the door it has been cut... the white cable runs out to a small white cylinder thig about an inch long and about as wide as a fag, then out of this and conects to the green, all this is pretty close to the door contact ting (can open the control pannel and will turn the mains off) does this make any sense????

Guest adamski

hi, thanks again, cant turn off the power off at the mo so will have a look tomorrow when no one in, i think its a pretty dodgy job has been done!!... will check that conection as you suggested and will probably be pestering you again then...

Guest adamski

should also say, the terminal conecter thing attaches the white to the green to its self on the same side of the wire, the white and green leading up to the keypad are just chopped off all together

Guest adamski

it does have a fused spur, but the house is filling up now, and i always need a bit of peace to get anything done!! will get an installer, but just want to get to the bottom of whats happened first...

Archived