Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini

Guest adamski

Guest adamski

alright chaps thanks for all your help ill bugger off now, the final conclusion is...

the original installer couldnt get the door and window contacts to work after dragging wire all over the house so he installed a reed swith on the keypad wire to work with the front door magnet so the curcuit is broken if the front door opens...

ive got 3 motion things well set up, so i might just get shot of the door window conecters as they have been done really badly

cheers

adamski

Guest adamski

i think so, might have been his brother in law or somthing, least it makes sence now though... there no way you would put a reed senser on that line if the door senser was working

I find it very strange and dangerous that professional engineers??? are informing the public to open the front of there alarm panels,now correct me if i am wrong(and after 17 years i shouldnt be) but this equipment is live and ultimately will kill you if you get a shock from it(and we all know a low voltage shock can be kill a person with a bad heart).Where would this forum let alone the engineer??? stand if the worst happens.THIS REALLY SHOULDNT BE HAPPENING

Also see my signature.

I SEE YOUR SIGNATURE...i also see that things like taking the lid of a piece of live equipment is dangerous,next you will be telling me next you inform your customers to do this out of hours(and that really would be a good idea).We are supposed to be a professional trade antice like this shouldnt go unrewarded....N.S.i / S.S.A.I.B would be really intrested.and just to finish off you really should increase your public liability insurance if you do this on a regular occasion,that is assuming you have any,cos if any insurance company which got a claim arising from your own neglect would probabley refuse to pay out.......IT JUST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH :banned:

Taking the lid off of a control panel is not dangerous to a person "COMPETENT TO DO SO" which is specifically what I said in my post.

I will ignore your further ill-advised diatribe and put it down to your ignorance of facts.

I agree how do you know who you are speaking to is competent to do so......he/she could have been anybody...as for ill advised diatribe what you instructed this person to do was dangerous and DONT lose sight of that, and as for ignorance of the facts the fact IS you told a member of the public who you dont know to remove the lid from a control panel which exposed live parts which if he/she had touched a live wire could have resulted in serious injury or death,and i am sorry which ever way you look at it that was very bad judgement on your part,you could go on trying to justify your actions and you could ignore me but that is just another form of ignorance,you will never admitt you were wrong untill one day someone hurts themselves or someone dies and i do hope that never happens :fear:

Guest adamski

dont worry, i know how to turn mains power off, and all the advice was very usefull so leave him alone

dont worry, i know how to turn mains power off, and all the advice was very usefull so leave him alone

The advice might have been useful and you may well know how to turn mains off but there are loads of people out there that say one thing but mean another,i also agrre about being able to buy sockets etc from likes of b and q(wasnt part p meant to stop that???) but that still doesnt alter the fact that getting anyone to open an enclosure where live parts are exposed is very risky and as a professional trade it shouldnt be done

Guest rjbsec
The advice might have been useful and you may well know how to turn mains off but there are loads of people out there that say one thing but mean another,i also agrre about being able to buy sockets etc from likes of b and q(wasnt part p meant to stop that???) but that still doesnt alter the fact that getting anyone to open an enclosure where live parts are exposed is very risky and as a professional trade it shouldnt be done

Yawn

You claim to be a Professional, but ask yourself this...........is it professional to be slagging off a fellow installer in public?

Regardless of the rights or wrong about the issue, What does that really say about you?

RJB is happy to state his credentials publically are you?

You claim to be a Professional, but ask yourself this...........is it professional to be slagging off a fellow installer in public?

Regardless of the rights or wrong about the issue, What does that really say about you?

RJB is happy to state his credentials publically are you?

hold on i have not slagged anyone off,all i have done is said that we really shouldnt be encourageing untrained persons to open up enclosures that contain live parts....as for stating my credentials yeah if you want them i will,but one of MY credentials is a very good friend of mine died of electrocution(whilst working in this trade) the accident was caused through no fault of his own and yes he did know what he was doing,so prehaps i do have half an idea on what i am talking about

Archived