Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini

Guest adamski

Take the contact off the front door (the one on the frame side) and have a look whats going on in there. You should find two wires attatched to the silver terminals. Note the colours and trace them back the panel. If they are broken or disconnected along the run (I'm guessing inside the keypad, or in this connector thing near the contact, though it's hard to visualise) then they need to be re-connected. It's hard to describe over the net. Any pics?

Trade Member

Guest adamski

it gets weirder, took off the conecter and just connected the white and green and now the alarm sets but not the frontdoor contat, just the motion sencing things and the other window and door things???

Guest adamski

i going to have another look tomorow, but looking now, the window and door conecters go in a loop, ie the wire goes from the front door one to the front window one, and now thhey dont work after ive taken the white cylinder thing off and connected it directly, very strange, but at least the motion sensers work now i suppose so i can at least set the alarm now!

i going to have another look tomorow, but looking now, the window and door conecters go in a loop, ie the wire goes from the front door one to the front window one, and now thhey dont work after ive taken the white cylinder thing off and connected it directly, very strange, but at least the motion sensers work now i suppose so i can at least set the alarm now!

hello

can anyone help? have got one of these alarms installed and the bloody thing has stopped working. All power is on, i checked all the fuses in the main box i could see, but when ever i set it and shut the door if just keeps double bleeping and not setting, theres a bit of dodgy wiring on the key pad wire with two cables wrapped together, then one cable going into a small white cylinder thing, i reatached the two cables back together from where they came but now it wont set... i know this must sound a bit basic but i cant get it to set, or does anyone know an installer in east london that they could recomend??

Look for an approved member IE (S.S.A.I.B.) ETC, From what you are saying is you lack knowledge,

The reason the system is not setting is simpley a zone/ device is open CCT in alarm.

To find which zone just short the alarm pair together one at the time, until you can set it, thats the cable with the problem on it.

But from the sound of your knowhow should you be playing with it.?

But we all start some were, you don't say how old you are!

Good Luck!!

To find which zone just short the alarm pair together one at the time, until you can set it, thats the cable with the problem on it.

I think we've already established it's the front door contact playing up.

Guest adamski

hiya, me again, im 30...

right checked all door and windw connecters all seems fine

here is the mystery bit... the wire that runs from the pannel to the key pad... four of the wires run into the key pad (connections seem fine) but before it reaches the key pad the white and green have been joined into the white thing

if there joined to the white thing or not joined at all the zone 1 light comes on and the alarm wont set

if there joined together directly the alarm will set but only the motion sensers work, not the door conectrs and it doesnt bleep on entry when coming back in to the alarmed house ( but the alarm goes off when motion is detected)

so my question is why has the green and white ben conected in a loop back to the pannel, and im off the the electricians in a bit to ask what the white thing is??????

as i say, its a cheap alarm, very badly fitted (all wires visible)

can call an engineer, and probably will, but HATE not being able to work somthing out that should be logical!!

Archived