Security Installer Community

Is This Any Good?

tom25

sorry tom but must agree with monteey,

builders fitted one in my home before i bought it, its now in a box in the loft

very low end and limited functions

Very basic alarm with limited features, however they are very reliable if looked after, we have loads on our books that have been installed for years.

Depends on what you want your system to be able to do. They are straightforward to install and setup.

Guest italiastar

Certainly a good price - also try http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/ and other wholesalers for prices.

As a fellow DIYer, I'm a bit worried about your comment about not being good with electrics. Whilst not wishing to discourage you as there a lot of that going on sometimes, please consider if your up to fitting one of these. Connecting it to the mains, whilst very dangerous is the simple part (although par P regs may apply) - the rest is equally difficult (more so if not dangerous) as it has more wires and could result in blown componants or false alarms. I hope I don't sound too negative as I really don't want to. Good Luck.

My parents had one of these installed many years ago when they bought their house. About 2 years ago I reconfigured it to protect a new extension and fitted pet safe pir's. They have never had a single false alarm or problem, has been 100% reliable. Easy to setup and program. For a "low end" alarm I can't rate it highly enough. I only went for a different alarm because it doesn't have areas.

We have taken over the maintenance agreements with a few dozen 700L and whilst they seem reliable enough, IIRC they dont even have fuse protection on the aux. and are quite prone to changing into a storage heater.

Quite a worrying thought, is there a fix to this and how serious could it potentially be?

Quite a worrying thought, is there a fix to this and how serious could it potentially be?

Yes, fit an inline fuse holder to the aux supply.

as for how serious this could potentially be, well, think fire.....

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived