Security Installer Community

Old Texecom Veritas

Simon_D

pervious owners have very kindly lost all documents for the alarm. it doesnt appear to be programmed either (i can walk past all PIRs without anything happening, and the front and back door contacts sound the alarm immediatly). have got the installation instructions from the newer alarm but they dont seem to work

if anyone has the programming codes for this, could you email them *****************@****.**.**

AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IT SAYS :

"We do not give out Alarm Engineer/Installer manuals, to avoid offence please do not ask us to supply them"

AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IT SAYS :

"We do not give out Alarm Engineer/Installer manuals, to avoid offence please do not ask us to supply them"

i am well aware of what it says. but incase your not aware, there is a difference between manual and the programming codes. and dont bother sayin 'call an engineer' or summit like that. im a qualified electrician and install the odd alarm, so i know exactly what im doing. all i asked for was the programming codes so i could program my alarm.

so what exactly do i need to do to get them? jump thru flaming hoops?

obviously, you dont want to loose work but making people have to get new alarms by refusing to help with their old, but it wont work. i wouldnt pay someone to install an alarm for me anyway

And how are we supposed to know the code.

You say you know exactly what you are doing but you dont, so there is no point in getting mouthy.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

If you knew what you were doing then you would know that there isn't a '1 code does all' situation other than when the panel is set to defaults. And if the panel is set to defaults then you should have the code in the 'newer' manual.

If its not the engineers code your after and it is the programming procedure then...

A. each setup requires different programming dipending on what devices are installed and where, etc

B. telling you every programming menu code is pretty much the same as giving you the manual.

Trade Member

If you knew what you were doing then you would know that there isn't a '1 code does all' situation other than when the panel is set to defaults. And if the panel is set to defaults then you should have the code in the 'newer' manual.

If its not the engineers code your after and it is the programming procedure then...

A. each setup requires different programming dipending on what devices are installed and where, etc

B. telling you every programming menu code is pretty much the same as giving you the manual.

i know the engineer codes etc, but i need the codes to program it. atm, i cant even use it. have a copy of the newer manual, but i cant get it to do anything, so im guessing the older version has different programming codes

And how are we supposed to know the code.

You say you know exactly what you are doing but you dont, so there is no point in getting mouthy.

i know exactly what im doing. i have programmed many alarms, but within the programming codes, there isnt much that i can do.

now, your trade, so i assume you install alarms. if i gave you a new alarm and didnt tell you anything about how to program it, your in the same situation as me, and by your own wording, YOU DONT even know what your doin.

Fair do's. No need to get ratty.

OK, a little test for you to see if you really do have an 'old style' panel or if the engineer code is locked.

After entering the engineers code press '00' instead of 'prog'. All lights should light up as your in engineers menu.

Trade Member

With a smart @rse attitude like that, you will be lucky to get any help on here.

By the way we are Security engineers not mind readers, we have no way of knowing who you are or what is your skill level. Did you tell us in your first post :no: Loose the attitude mate and you might get some help :yes:

Not everyone gets told to call an engineer, if you had a look round these forums youw would see that, nobody on here is under any obligation to help you in any way. Have a think about it :yes:

i am well aware of what it says. but incase your not aware, there is a difference between manual and the programming codes. and dont bother sayin 'call an engineer' or summit like that. im a qualified electrician and install the odd alarm, so i know exactly what im doing. all i asked for was the programming codes so i could program my alarm.

If your well aware dont ask then.

There is no difference at all, you are asking for enginer programming information that is only in the engineers manual. This info is restricted to verified trade menbers only for several reasons, some of them security related and also requests from some manufacturers to keep them restricted.

so what exactly do i need to do to get them? jump thru flaming hoops?

No, we save all that for Arthur..... :P

obviously, you dont want to loose work but making people have to get new alarms by refusing to help with their old,

It has nothing to do with me loosing work, I mainly work on large industrial and commercial systems like schools, shopping centers and warehouses so little domestic systems are not something I'm fussed over.

I didn't refuse to help far from it, I'm generaly very helpfull, But my role here as one of the site moderators is to make sure the rules are adhered to. The site rules make sure that engineering information that could possibly compramise the integrity of a system are not given out to public members. You agreed to these rules as a condition of registering here.

Have you tried contacting the MANUFACTURER to see if they are able to assist you?

but it wont work. i wouldnt pay someone to install an alarm for me anyway

Buy a new panel and fit it yourself then, Your wholesaler will stock it and it will come with instructions. As was mentioned above, none of the engineers here are obliged to help you but a bit of common courtesy goes a long way.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived