Security Installer Community

Screened For Ifsec Tickets?

I was talking to my mate on way back from IFSEC and we got onto the subject of criminals. A thought I had was how many Criminal masterminds would be at IFSEC, and how easy it was to get tickets for the event. My mate who i went with last year is not even in the industry, He just made some company up on the registration page and got a ticket through the post. Anyway wot i was thinking was that how many criminals do this to check out the latest products and find out how they work, know how to act around them and possible flaws in the system.What do you think? do you think they should do some kind of screening?

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Why go to ifsec when they can get the same information off the net?

Did you actually try speaking to many of those working on a stand, as someone in the trade that is likely to spend money, do you think if you were a criminal they would explain more too you?

I don't think it would make a difference, loads of company that use security, loss prevention officers etc go to the shows, they arent installers but they get to know the trade prices etc.

And, as sad as it may seem, criminal masterminds are just that, they probably know more about the systems that we install than we do, chances are they are in the trade/have been.

To be fair most reps on the stands are salesmen/women and usually nothing too technical.

The chances of the criminal element wasting time with a salesman doesnt make sense to me.

Besides if they can get a piece of kit and play with it theyre going to learn more that way anyway.

I was talking to my mate on way back from IFSEC and we got onto the subject of criminals. A thought I had was how many Criminal masterminds would be at IFSEC, and how easy it was to get tickets for the event. My mate who i went with last year is not even in the industry, He just made some company up on the registration page and got a ticket through the post. Anyway wot i was thinking was that how many criminals do this to check out the latest products and find out how they work, know how to act around them and possible flaws in the system.What do you think? do you think they should do some kind of screening?

Chris

Woudn't it just be easier to buy them of the touts outside :whistle:

and

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I can think of a very easy way for you to gets lots of new friends.. :yes:

I do believe that's illegal though, and I couldn't do it every night of the week.

Archived