Security Installer Community

Home Time!

The last few moths I have had a real nightmare when handing over systems. I may have just been unlucky and got some really thick and stupid customers. Last nite I finished the install by 5pm and was still there at 7pm trying to expalin to the customer how to use it.He must have set it at least 20 times to make sure he could get it. And i didnt even change the make of control panel, i just grade to a bigger model and added an extra area.

May be its beacuse until Febuary this year 95% of my work was comercial/indstrial, and it s only since i've been doing some work for the Hex(as some of you call it) residential side i have been doing a lot of domestic.

Thing is im getting sick of picking my dinner out the bin.... I thought u said youd be home by 6.30 :realmad: she says...

Anyone else find domestic hand overs a pain?

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

LOL I know where your coming from all my visits are residential at the moment. There are some complete intolerable people out there. I learnt the hard way 1 marriage not lasting 12 months. Lesson learnt they get half an hour of teaching and if they still have problems accepting the information I give them the user manual for some night time reading and I will go back the next day if possible if not some time in the week. Don't get me wrong I love my work but there are limits.

And the one question , the most stupid question is always regarding the PROX KEYS

What happens if it wont work?

well it 99.99% will

but wot if that 0.01% it wont?

no no love, it will work

oh ok so wot happens if i lose it then?

well you cant unset your alarm

oh so how will i turn it of then?

well dont lose it!

oh ok so wot happens if the alarm goes of and im not here?

someone else will have to disarm it

oh ok so wot if they forget there prox key?

At this point youy just wana tell em to F#Ck Off! and walk away.

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Guest xnode

i have the same problem, usally old people and also i agree 1/2 hpur teach time and the rest is down to them reading the user guide.

another good one is "my friend has an alarm can u teach me how to look through the log "

yeah you can just about set/unset the alarm and you want to go into the log :roflmao:

i know how you feel your not alone.

Best one I ever came across for questions was when I surveyed the job they included the question.

If I should die and no one else has a code how will they disarm the alarm?

Trade Member

Best one I ever came across for questions was when I surveyed the job they included the question.

If I should die and no one else has a code how will they disarm the alarm?

:new_rofl: Quality

Guest G.J.M

Try explaining how a silent bell system works to a totally deaf person.

i had to write everything down and it took ages.

Archived