Security Installer Community

Alarm Setting

Guest debs

Hi , we have got a optima 2 plus alar, plus manual, we moved into a new property recently, so it is all new, we tested the alarm, and when we set it to go out, perfect, but when we came in, the alarm

was ringing, from breaking censor on door, it did not seem to beep until you got to the key pad

to put the code in, i am not sure if was ringing from outside, but it was really loud inside, and sure

this is not right, i have read the manual over and over, and i cant seem to see what is wrong

if it is wrong that is.

can anybody tell me if it should do this, when coming back in,

Are you using the correct exit / entry route..previous occupier may have had it setup different eg side door for ex/ent or back door.You should hear a countdown beep when entering.

What is showing on the rkp when the alarm sounds?

this may seem daft, but are you using the correct route back in, what i mean are you using the front door when the alarm is set to allow you to come in thought the back (or some other) door. just a though. ask the people who had the house previously. failing that you will need the services of a local alarm engineer, :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I think you guys may be right, im afraid we can't contact previous owners has they have now emigrated, but it seems to me this is what has happened i can remember seeing zone 3 on pad

we we entered code,

was the entrance and exit things, set up when the alarm was installed, and is there any simple way

of finding out which is the correct exit and the correct entrance,

thanks for your help guys

debs

I think you guys may be right, im afraid we can't contact previous owners has they have now emigrated, but it seems to me this is what has happened i can remember seeing zone 3 on pad

we we entered code,

was the entrance and exit things, set up when the alarm was installed, and is there any simple way

of finding out which is the correct exit and the correct entrance,

thanks for your help guys

debs

Presumably you have a front and back door, simple solution, set the alarm and go out your front door, if the alarm sets an unsets with out any alarm ( you should get an intermitent beep when you come back in)

Repeat the process for the other entrance, the entry route that sets the main alarm sounders off is the wrong route.

I would reccomend that you get the system serviced, as the engineer will be able to set the system up to suit your needs, check the detection devices actually work and make sure that the batteries are okay( as faults generally appear when you dont want them to, middle of the night, power fail etc.)

Could also be a faulty contact on the door you are using so the alarm doesn't know you have come in the door and assumes you have come in through a window, like a burglar would.

Also, as the Optima+ 2 has not been manufactured for some years it is not new and is also prone to 'going funny' through lack of maintenance. A service is highly recommended, especially as you don't know the history of the system.

You could mess around following your manual to put the thing into walk test and note down what sensors are in what zone (as indicated by the panel lights) and identify your entry/exit etc, but I really don't see the point as I don't think it's going to help you much.

If you say what area you're in I'm sure there will be a knight in shining armour (or is it a rose amongst the thorns) on here who can come and sort it out. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Nijinski
Hi , we have got a optima 2 plus alar, plus manual, we moved into a new property recently, so it is all new, we tested the alarm, and when we set it to go out, perfect, but when we came in, the alarm

was ringing, from breaking censor on door, it did not seem to beep until you got to the key pad

to put the code in, i am not sure if was ringing from outside, but it was really loud inside, and sure

this is not right, i have read the manual over and over, and i cant seem to see what is wrong

if it is wrong that is.

can anybody tell me if it should do this, when coming back in,

I presume you have all the manuals including the customer instructions manual. I can never hear my countdown bleeper when I am entering the house until I get past the final door. It could be that your entry time is set too short. You can set seperate times for entry and exit (see page 14 of your engineering manual).

You can identify (I think) your zones by leaving one alarmed door open at a time as you exit, the zone number should show up on your keypad. Try using the "omit zone" for your re-entryzone, if it won't let you, its probably because the engineer blocked it because its a genuine entry/exit. If you can use it, then its not a programmed entry/exit zone.

Archived