Security Installer Community

visonic powermax complete wired sounder

sean07

3 hours ago, sean07 said:

Anybody know how to hardwire an external sounder to a powermax complete panel. There is 4 hard wired connections. I'm using a Texecom Odyssey X-B (E) and I have a 2.2k ohm resistor which I need to use but not sure where.

Have you looked at the visonic manual yet?

21 minutes ago, sean07 said:

It's already got connections for 2 wired zones without the expander module. Just don't know where the resistor goes.

You can't connect a SAB correctly without the module, IIRC the there is no neg or tamper return without it.

It's only suitable for a internal siren, does explain all this with diagrams in the manual.

4 hours ago, sean07 said:

It's already got connections for 2 wired zones without the expander module. Just don't know where the resistor goes.

You also need to set bell in SCB mode

And one of these I think swb means

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/wireless-ia-c-36_60/visonic-powermax-complete-powermaster-30-expander-module

And I assume the bell tamper is programmed via one of the wired zones and you can use the pgm output

You may already have this card installed so check , it's a bit tricky if you don't know what your doing 

You may need to hire a "real" alarman or local alarm house basher will do it cheaper perhaps just as good