Security Installer Community

Wiring Old Bell to Enforcer Panel

diehardguy

Hey all, a few years ago a self installed an Enforcer v9 alarm and seemed to get the existing bell working after replaying an Ademco Galaxy panel.

ive just replaced the v9 panel with the v10 and although the PCB board is exactly the same I thought I’d check the wiring even though it seems to work as I’m concerned the tamper isn’t in right.

ive attached pics of how the old ademco panel was wired and how I’ve wired the Enforcer.  Also a pic of the bell, but I e no idea of the make/model.

hopefully some of the experts can identify the bell and correct wiring. Btw I’m a cyber security expert so handy with electronics and not a numpty :)

Not sure what to do with the black and yellow

A0D36498-FE83-41BF-9ADC-A46DA2E83AE2.jpeg

D646A560-B2EC-4A61-8CBB-E32F4A79734F.jpeg

BCD19ADC-303B-4C5D-A189-E02C2070DB83.png

087D87FB-8E2A-4ADF-BB3E-C99DFD8A709F.jpeg

D54303F1-0D51-4A9F-9FFE-415C64DDA5B4.jpeg

3AE14F3D-87CF-4FE5-8CB8-1D00E158826B.jpeg

D33D95F4-04CE-40EF-AA40-D28B6E247DDB.jpeg

I did a few of these , odd little thing , the black and yellow looks as though they both tamper returns normally one

But you have to programme an input as a tamper input 

It's all in the manual have you read it yet , as you said your not a numpty but standard engineer practice in any trade ignore manual lol

You need to connect the black and yellow coming from the bell to a 2K2 resistor. The other end of the 2K2 resistor goes into zone 1, then program zone 1 as tamper and label it as such with the description. Also, as the instructions say, your existing bell box (looks like a Gardtec/Risco XS3D) will use more power than the Enforcer is capable of supplying in alarm, so you should set the bell box to SCB mode (usually a jumper link to move over on the bell box PCB)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trade Member

I was thinking about it, but I don’t have a ladder high enough to reach the bell. I might just hire one for a day. I guess that currently the bell could be opened without triggering the alarm? Or will the bell trigger itself if tampered?  Thanks for all the quick responses too.

40 minutes ago, diehardguy said:

I was thinking about it, but I don’t have a ladder high enough to reach the bell. I might just hire one for a day. I guess that currently the bell could be opened without triggering the alarm? Or will the bell trigger itself if tampered?  Thanks for all the quick responses too.

Just get ear muffs keep the wired bell if possible