Security Installer Community

9651 showing zone fault on all zones

Hi, the house front door and frame was replaced so I fitted a new sensor in the frame and soldered pre marked wires. Nothing else was changed. code 99 - checking system, brings up "Zone Flt 01, 02, 03 etc." Code 97 is o.k., code 21 is set correctly, code 199 is 0 ohms on all zones. Removed replacement sensor connections from panel, still showing zone faults on remainder. Tried shorting "kick start" pins which re-set user code to default. Removed "anti tamper cct." - no change. Carried out a full re-programming after code 98 ( have not tried shorting NVM pins on the board though)
I installed the alarm in 2006 with no PIR's, the battery is still the original and shows 12.8V. The original pcb was faulty from new so a replacement was fitted (9651EN-00) which is slightly different from the one shown on page 10 of the installation manual.
Codes 48,49,56,58,59,134,135,137,138,140 plus others, are not available which I put down to it being a different version.

Any thoughts? I am thinking I may need to replace the board ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Faulty from new is incredibly rare, and now your replacement has possibly gone faulty  -again very rare.

So just to be clear are you running the panel as CC Alarm circuits with Global Tamper?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

13 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Faulty from new is incredibly rare, and now your replacement has possibly gone faulty  -again very rare.

So just to be clear are you running the panel as CC Alarm circuits with Global Tamper?

What about the code reset procedure?

I did not do a code reset as such as my original codes still worked, I did [1st stage reset] but have not done an NVM reset on the board so the installer code was the same. I have tried changing the attributes of the replaced sensor circuit from FE to NA and even removed the connection, and have changed another circuit to FE but I still get Zone Flt on all connected zones. As the battery is so old I disconnected it in case it may have been a factor but just got "missing battery" shown and unable to do anything.

Edited by datadiffusion
No defaulting info in public please, ok to mention it but no details, thanks!

Make double sure panel is set to CC - remember that the panel won't save some configs until you exit.

Set all zones to unused (NU) other than 1

Link out zone 1 and Global Tamper with wires - try to exit engineering - if this doesn't work at this stage, yes, your panel is shagged.

Then slowly work backwards enabling each zone one by one, at first replace the zone with a link, then the actual zone.

Better yet, meter the zone with a multimeter to see the resistance.

9651PD are known to go corrupt and useless but EN and UK are usually very stable.

You need a new battery too as you've already spotted!

Easy this security lark innit?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I did not do a code reset as such as my original codes still worked, I did short the kickstart pins which reverted the user code to [xxxx] but have not done an NVM reset on the board so the installer code was the same. I have tried changing the attributes of the replaced sensor circuit from FE to NA and even removed the connection, and have changed another circuit to FE but I still get Zone Flt on all connected zones. As the battery is so old I disconnected it in case it may have been a factor but just got "missing battery" shown and unable to do anything.

Edited by datadiffusion
No codes in public, please, even if they seem obvious, thanks!

:) Cheers, datadiffusion, linked com + A/T and works o.k. :) just need to find break in wiring - obvious suspect would be the replacement but will also have to investigate as to why I did not get a "Global tamper" alert ? maybe something to do with not being able to exit ? anyhow, once wiring sorted I can connect an additional sensor then cut the cable and see what happens.

Many thanks to all who replied, very much appreciated !

P.S. If I had not got this fault then I would not have appreciated how old the battery was ! Although gett[ng a good voltage I switched off the mains and after about 45 minutes the alarm sounded due to low voltage - as the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining.