Security Installer Community

Texecom Comunication Problem

manzodj

Hi,

I'm Andrea from Italy and I'm a new member of forum. Sorry for my bad english.

I try to connect the premier international series (412 816 832) via the internal modem (300 baud) at my personal pc that have a toshiba v.90 internal modem. This model is not in list of Wintex software!!!! :no::no::no:

What are the strings configuration for this??? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Thank you very much!

I spoke to Texecom just last week about not being able to connect to any panels we have, they recommended using 'generic Hayes' as your modem type, 4800 as Baud rate and 8 as Modem data packet size.

For a successful connection 3 things need to be exactly correct:-

1) Panel type (412, 816, 48, 640 etc)

2) Version number (1.x, 6.x, 10.x etc)

3) UDL password (if changed from default)

Sorry we don't use any of the 412, 816 or 832 so i couldn't guarantee the info above. :hmm:

egg03064.gif

• 1 month later...
Most modern PC's & laptops don't actually have an internal modem. They have software that pretends to be a modem and the panels don't respond to them. You will definately need an external modem, preferably a powered one rather than a USB powered modem.

Paul

speed dialler & wintexe

hi can any body till how to remote accress the texecom speed dialler with wintex software i have version 5 of wintexe have tried to conect to the dialler by ring the phone line thats it conected to the dialler answers the line but can ot get it to responed to the the computer is the right way of doing it please help WHIBBS@TOPENWORLD.COM

Wayne Hibbs

IIRC you can ONLy use Orange for communicating with a Texecom panel, because only Orange allows you to select a baud rate.

but even if you get it ight, I can tell you that using a mobile phone as a modem is very very slow. It is only to be used as a last resort.

thanks for your help i will have to use a landline from some else it

wayne

Wayne Hibbs

If you want to be certain, contact Vodaphone and ask them if you can send/receive data at 300 baud (or 2400 if using the 2400 com board). I am fairly certain they will will say no ..... if you can find anyone at Vodaphone who even knows waht baud rate is all about.

will call and see

Wayne Hibbs

Ive used my nokia 6230i no problem on vodafone, there is an option to use nokia phone as a modem in wintex.

It connects at 2400 baud no problem and is the same speed as a landline.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

speed dialler & wintexe

hi can any body till how to remote accress the texecom speed dialler with wintex software

Isn't he also talking about speech dialler? Or have I missed something they make called a speed dialler?

egg03064.gif

Archived