Security Installer Community

Info Please

whistle

Guest Cerberus NI
its only 4 heads mate very small job

4 heads in total????Then if the smokes are part of an L4 solution I wouldn't consider installing anything other than smokes.

What is the problem with the fire alarm going off anyway - is it linked to an ARC?

Guest Cerberus NI
No its not linked to the ARC but didnt want the hasstle of the fire alarm gong off when the intruder alarm go,s off.

If it gets to the stage where an intruder/situation causes the cloak to go then I'd live with it (taking into consideration the likelyhood of activation of the cloak over the function of the fire system to it's designed spec.).CO's are still not exclusively recognised as part of the integral design of a fire system (asides from the situations mentioned in the earlier BS excerpt).

If you don't want the smoke detectors going off due to the smoke cloak, stick a relay on the zone controlled by an output from the security panel to "isolate the zone" if it dumps.

You could configure the relay to put an EOL across the zone so no one would ever know, personally I would leave it to go into fault, then you know the relay has reset and the zone is operational.

Guest Cerberus NI
If you don't want the smoke detectors going off due to the smoke cloak, stick a relay on the zone controlled by an output from the security panel to "isolate the zone" if it dumps.

You could configure the relay to put an EOL across the zone so no one would ever know, personally I would leave it to go into fault, then you know the relay has reset and the zone is operational.

I've been mulling over that for the past 20 minutes!I think you could get away with it if you DONT fiddle with the EOL and so a fault occurs if zone disabled/broken/relay removed,you feed the zone through the N/C of a normally de-energized relay (only disables when juice applied) and configure the signal from your intruder on cloak activation (fire cable required point to point).

BS 5839-1:2002

I've been mulling over that for the past 20 minutes!I think you could get away with it if you DONT fiddle with the EOL and so a fault occurs if zone disabled/broken/relay removed,you feed the zone through the N/C of a normally de-energized relay (only disables when juice applied) and configure the signal from your intruder on cloak activation (fire cable required point to point).

BS 5839-1:2002

• 3 months later...

Ive been having a think about this only solution that comes into mind is using //.National Installer.// conventional CO detectors they can be used instead of smoke detectors and have a quicker response time.

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived