Security Installer Community

Info Please

whistle

I need to get hold of some 24v standard ( non addessable ) C/O heads for a job that will have smoke screen fitted in the same rooms as the heads.

Note i cant fit heat detectors on this job.

Any ideas of a supplyer?

Guest Cerberus NI
I need to get hold of some 24v standard ( non addessable ) C/O heads for a job that will have smoke screen fitted in the same rooms as the heads.

Note i cant fit heat detectors on this job.

Any ideas of a supplyer?

Short answer - no!Can you not configure the activation of the smoke screen to be either on a PA in the area or a "double knock" scenario? It depends on the category you are trying to achieve in that area - for a specific application you could use heats (low temp ROR) in the immeadiate area with smokes in the "compartment" directly next to it.However,if you are talking about an area desugnated as a through fire escape then it has to be smokes as heats are not classed as life preserving devices.

Guest Cerberus NI
I have to fit a fire system in a building that has smoke screen and did not want to fit ROR detectors for the above reasons.

Wash my mouth out if I'm wrong but do you not drive a vehicle with a red and a green button?? (MU601 conventional).

Wash my mouth out if I'm wrong but do you not drive a vehicle with a red and a green button?? (MU601 conventional).

Wash your mouth out anyway! Fancy mentioning those unmentional buttons :ranting:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Guest Cerberus NI
Did do not now though.

They should still work though on a standard 24vdc conventional panel (unless you fell out big timey with them when you left!!!).How big a system is it - would a small (Morley DX range for example) addressable system not be justified then you could inteface an I/O with a signal from your intruder to isolate the heads in that area via group programming?? :hmm:

Archived