Security Installer Community

Internal Sounder

Guest Joe D

Guest Joe D

I have got a sounder it is a lyntek twin piezo unit and would use it for a internal sounder it is also known as a sound bomb would ot be possible for my installer to connect this to my Optima Compact G3 panel the only sounders i have got is the one built in the panel and the external sounder which is a aztec 1000 bell box made by kinetic sounders as i dont know what current consumption the external sounder takes i know that the lyntec is 95ma current draw. the only problem is i dont know what my panel max ma current consuption is for the sounders. Also the lyntek sounder has only got two short wires a red and a black how would my installer connect this to the panel?

D = +Ve supply (12V) red wire

B = -Ve Sounder trigger black wire

your installer should beware of mains inside the control panel, always isolate before carring out any alterations. he / she should already know this, it is good practise.

:)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived