Security Installer Community

Gardtec 360/580 Tamper Code

Guest sue

i have a gardtec 360/580 alarm and the code cb is displaying in the control box or keypess which means it has been tampered with.i know it hasn`t and now it won`t reset.any ideas anyone please

Maybe the control panel was knocked or for whatever reason the tamper spring behind the lid has shifted. Remove the lid, check the small spring is in place (push it in and make sure you hear the tamper switch click), and then replace the lid. Then try your code.

Obviously take care not to touch any cabling or mains power inside. Ideally, remove power from the panel before opening.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest Guest
Maybe the control panel was knocked or for whatever reason the tamper spring behind the lid has shifted. Remove the lid, check the small spring is in place (push it in and make sure you hear the tamper switch click), and then replace the lid. Then try your code.

Obviously take care not to touch any cabling or mains power inside. Ideally, remove power from the panel before opening.

thanks for your help it looks like something on the circit board has blown.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I would think after 3 years the problem has been sorted lol :whistle:

:P :P :P

drawn to it by recent activity button,

i would add for others info, there was some odd design ideas, iirc on a 350 the bell tamper was also on this indication, and not totally sure i think the aux fuse would also bring it up if blown.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived