Security Installer Community

Cctv Camera That Does Dvd Quality Picture?

Ish

stevey

I help out a charity based educational organisation and they have no network. They only viable way for them to distribute is on dvd's.

arfurmo

I'm in Birmingham so any suggestions of a cctv place that has demo rooms would be great. I have done some video editing before so know how boring and time consuming it is lol. ALso we can only have one camera as it will have to be mounted on the wall(ceiling is VERY high) and there is only 1 wall where a cam can be mounted hence the need for one with pan/tilt/zoom.

Going to go and take a look at these IP cams on the internet now :)

Sorry i keep bugging you all with questions lol but I need to make sure they buy the right product as they are willing to pay for whatever is needed but they can only pay once!

The DVR you have is really what will decide the camera, you can get cameras with s-video out.

You might be better off getting a small indoor pan tilt unit, a zoom lens and indoor dust housing and a hi res camera with an s-video out socket.

The a controller for the pan and tilt unit would control the lens too.

After giving the head people the options we have decided that that the easiest way for us is to go the normal cctv dome route.

Can someone tell me how much a Dennard 2060 dome costs as i can't find any prices for them and everywhere is closed at the moment!

Thanks

I'm in Birmingham so any suggestions of a cctv place that has demo rooms would be great.

your not too far off the beaten track, i know some people who have actually found the right exit to get into birmingham - but never got out again ;)

seriously Norbain SD i beleive cover all England if not the UKcall them on 01189 440123 to find out, other suppliers may do this but i do not know any.

there is only 1 wall where a cam can be mounted hence the need for one with pan/tilt/zoom.

you seem to miss my point, concider using two fixed cameras mounted side by side, one wide angle view, other narrow angle view (get vari-foacl lens on both to allow your personal adjustment) or both same width view but both pointing at the 2 possible possitions i.e standing or sitting (beginning to sound like an iffy movie stage now :whistle: ) by using either a simple (cheap) switcher you select the one you want, or using a picture in picture unit (PIP) you can display the narrow view in a corner of the wider view. (phew! i need a brandy after that).

these technichs are used in some id card remote verification systems, one camera looks at the card the other at the face of the visitor for comparrasons B)

as no ones has come back with a price i assume we have all gone to bed early or are down the pub - but shops are open now :yes:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest stevey

I would still get an IP camera and just connect it to a dedicted PC with a DVD-rw, much cheaper than a DVD-RW standalone if a pc is already installed - editing is easier too. Qualities much better as well, on par with s-video.

A D2060 might be overkill. Pelco and Samsung have both just released a mini PTZ dome with presets but dropping many of the functions you will never use. These will deliver more than enough quality for what you are trying to do. These are also cheaper without having to run the gauntlet of going the LJD route (you were saying about paying only once :( ).

We are a distributor so we will not be able to quote you but if you ask nicely I can send you some datasheets

Or I can pop them on here if someone lets me know how.

I can also send you pdfs on the Panasonic Stuff but wouldn't recommend the BLC10 for your application. Brilliant bit of kit but it is a CMOS Medium res camera with no zoom.

For the sake of a days installation I would seriously recommend getting a professional Security Installer to do this for you, it will save complications in the long run and also ensure that the product is set up correctly from day 1 and that you receive proper personal training.

For the sake of a days installation I would seriously recommend getting a professional Security Installer to do this for you, it will save complications in the long run and also ensure that the product is set up correctly from day 1 and that you receive proper personal training.

QUOTED FOR AGREEMENT!

Archived