Security Installer Community

Geovision Problem

Guest intikab

Guest intikab

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to reply. The system is up and running and stable. In the end I scrapped NORTON (I hate it like every one else) and replaced with AVG and Zone Alarm. With DDNS, Port Forwarding and Firewall configured, it works fine.

For info, I have a separate partition for the recordings and left Windoze on its own. The owner has assured me that the PC will not be used for anything else (promises, promises :rolleyes: ). I use LogMeIn for remote access (in basic, free mode).

The random disconnection error was because some berk decided to remove the microfilter from the phone socket in the bar so they could plug in a socket doubler for the credit card machine! So every time they used the phone or did a credit card transaction, I lost the connection! Even more annoying as I had told the owner that I had put one there and why!! :ranting:

The only part that is left to resolve is the "no correct INI file" error. Can anyone help me there? I have tried the uninstall/reinstall option with no joy.

BREFF - I did look around for dedicated DVRs that would be usable with dynamic IP but with not much joy. Do you know of any for future reference?

DISSTRESSED - Thanks for your input. Why do you insist on NVIDIA?

Thanks again, everyone.

Archived