Security Installer Community

Acounts

I doubt very much that anyone using Alarm Master for their ALARM database would be dopey enough to think that it is an accredited accounting package (from an HM Customs POV). It doesn't purport to be and it is not. Yes, all data can be exported out. The writers of Alarm Master are SAGE re-sellers as well.
Thanks Zak for the explanation some people just dont understand "acredited". We raise ALL our invoices, credits from the Alarm Masters own D/Base we do our accounts manualy and the information is received and checked against the AM D/base. If anyone wants to use recognised acounts packages then they would raise this in exactly the same way as we do ours but as a link package to the AMD/base. Just for information. Approxamately 60% of alarm invoices are thought to be in dispute at any one time, these mainly refer to call out charges where a customer thinks they have cover or that the problem with an alarm should be down to the alarm company. Thats a lot of VAT.

Jef

Customers!

I doubt very much that anyone using Alarm Master for their ALARM database would be dopey enough to think that it is an accredited accounting package (from an HM Customs POV).

hi Zak, thanks for that info i wonder why they have not gone the bit extra though to get it acredited, they sell a lot of copies and i beleive its been adapted for other buisnesses.

i wish i had faith in other people that you have, in not being daft enough to assume it is acredited, given the times i get a call from people who regard me as knowing a little bit about computers, and i have then been astounded at their crass stupidity,

especially after this absolute classic only last month, someone who i thought acceptably intelligent, ie can walk and chew gum at the same time, used fdisk on his buisness as computer, why? he thought it was running slower than it used to and an 'expert' said it was worth doing???????.

oh dear i think then -:

Q. when was the last backup? (i had instilled in him the importance of this)

A. only 2 days ago

Q. Excellent, he had followed my advice at least, so where is the backup so i can reload?

A. thats easy, its on the hard drive - the on he fdisk'd. i drank my tea and left.

some should not be allowed to walk the streets alone :rolleyes:

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Approxamately 60% of alarm invoices are thought to be in dispute at any one time, these mainly refer to call out charges where a customer thinks they have cover or that the problem with an alarm should be down to the alarm company. Thats a lot of VAT.

Jef

yo jef,

i'm on the cash accounting scheme so get automatic bad debt releif, but it's a real pain on the acrual sceme.

another issue is i in the past tried offering a discount for payment received within 7 days, they still take 60 days plus, and then have the cheek to deduct the discount :rolleyes: not worth the hassle.

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 year later...
I doubt very much that anyone using Alarm Master for their ALARM database would be dopey enough to think that it is an accredited accounting package (from an HM Customs POV). It doesn't purport to be and it is not. Yes, all data can be exported out. The writers of Alarm Master are SAGE re-sellers as well.

I use Handy Quote......its a free download. I allows you to do quotes and create invoices...but thats it....

If your rick have a look at Service CEO. It looks pucker but costs about a grand.....ouch...

Archived